PC Richard & Son — oven purchase and installation
To Whom It May Concern:
I am writing to inform you of an experience I had with your company in an effort to order an oven and have it delivered and installed. My expectation was that this would be a simple task to fulfill and I have remained pleasant and patient through the process but am appalled by the poor communication and fulfillment executed by your personnel and the company contracted to complete the installation. I have worked many years in customer service and am quite familiar with the standards in which to abide to ensure complete customer satisfaction. While I can forgive one error from being made, you will see below that there were a series of mistakes and lapses in communication to which your company failed to deliver.
Sequence of events
4/21: I went into PC Richards store in Union, NJ with measurements for a new wall oven. I was told it would take 2 weeks to fulfill the order as it was considered a special order based on the dimensions.
5/9: The special order oven was damaged upon delivery.
5/10: I went into the same store and requested a new unit. I was told it would be an additional 8 weeks as it was a special order. This is 6 weeks longer than the original order took to fulfill.See Top 10 Worst Companies in Union, NJInstead, I was offered a credit for the damaged unit which I accepted as I was assured it would be tested (by PC Richards personnel) and confirmed to be in working condition at the time of installation. The installation was scheduled for an appointment on
5/13: 1st appointment for installation. I called as no one had contacted me about a time-frame or to confirm the installation. I was put on hold 4 times and was asked to call back later. I refused. I was told my installation appointment was, “not on the books”. In other words, there was no scheduled appointment.
5/14: The oven installation was fulfilled after the original appointment was missed/never scheduled. It had not fit, although we provided exact measurements, resulting in a need to cut our cabinets costing an additional $200 from what we paid originally.
5/15: The oven was tested by tenant and was not functioning. I called for service and was told the installer was leaving and was provided his contact number. I was told I’d receive a call back to schedule an appointment. I had not received a call and am still waiting. I called the number provided [protected]) and was told I’d receive a call within 2 days just to have my call returned, let alone schedule an appointment.
I anticipate with this communication to receive a phone call with resolution to this situation as soon as possible so this matter may be addressed in a timely manner. I appreciate your time and look forward to hearing from you.
More PC Richard & Son Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] PC Richard & Son - everybody knows extended warranties are a scam. here's more proof: 
- Ajrichard.com - Avoid this website at all costs 
- P. C. Richard & Son - the worst customer service 
- P. C. Richard & Son - sold me defective hdtv as new 
- [Resolved] PC Richard & Son - pc richard will not refund or exchange any t. v. over 30&!.in other words they do not return or exchange expensive items. buyer be careful. 
- PC Richard & Son - p c richard & son for installation of after market car alarms as they don't seem to know.
- PC Richard & Son - salesman joe botros calls me just as casual and breezy sounding as he says.
- PC Richards & Sons - Levittown Store - samsung french door refrigerator
- [Resolved] PC Richard & Son - how is it they don't go out of business?
- PC Richard & Son - the installers crushed the exhaust pipe and broke the gas line valve and did not even mention it to me!