Panera Bread / management

Windsor Mill, MD, United States Review updated:

Panera Bread is full of sarcastic, rude, disrespectful and unprofessional people. They smile in your face and then talk about you behind your back to other managers. If they were professional they would pull you up on your your issue when it happens, instead of telling another manager that they don't like a few of the associates at the store. Nothing about that company is genuine or sincere. I was bullied at Panera so badly as an employee that I wanted to quit. One of the managers was very rude, disrespectful and did not know how to speak to any of the associates that worked there. She spoke very aggressively to people, put her hand in your face as she spoke to you, and had a strong hate for many of the associates at the store. I was told that I couldn't wear my hair hanging on my shoulders, I couldn't wear earrings larger than a certain size and I couldn't wear multiple name tags. Yet, all of the other associates were allowed to do all of the things I was told that I couldn't do. I then got demoted from a trainer/associate to just an associate. I knew that, at this point, they wanted me to quit but, I wasn't going to give them that satisfaction. Whenever I told the general manager, that was her boss, any of the problems I was having with her he would laugh at me and brush the situation off. Then once the district manager was contacted he didn't try and solve anything either. Instead, he sided with the manager that bullied me and started to ignore me whenever he would come into the store, which is very unprofessional. Before her and I were having issues he always spoke to me. I was later on fired from the store as soon as that particular manager got promoted to the general manager position. It was said that I had been written up multiple times. I had been working for the company for many years and never had a write-up until the "bully" got there. Even then do I recall being brought up for one issue not multiple issues. DON'T EVER WORK FOR PANERA BREAD or EAT FROM PANERA BREAD! They are a selfish company and only care themselves. They don't care at all about the people that work for them.

Comments

• Me
      Mar 27, 2010

Management is extremely immature and disrespectful. They put down there employees, making rude comments about customers(how they are dressed and how they look) yelling and putting the employees personal business out to the public and making a scene. Also instead of them yelling and just standing there they could step up and help each other out. I had also gone to the Panera bread in Shrewsbury Mass and they treat there employees equal and kind they actually have respect there its ran a lot smoother.

Mar 30, 2010

Strangely enough, I had a great experience here today for lunch. There were three people who appeared to be managers helping the staff, helping customers, and cleaning the customer area. One lady even helped an older couple take their food to their table, and was going around talking to everyone. Perhaps you caught them at a bad time? They did just open. Did you call the store to speak to someone about the issues you saw? Maybe you should let someone know. Just my 2 cents.

•   Jan 23, 2012

If you have a job without any aggravations, you don't have a job.

• Br
      Aug 12, 2014

I currently started working for panera bread three weeks ago.My managers name is steve. This manager was very quit rude with me. i never had anyone treat me in such a way. He talked down to me like i was a little kid. i am reporting this problem because i dont feel anyone should be treated this way. so last So monday august 4th i went to work and i worked my shift and before i left i asked the shift manager that was working Nicole if she could call me and let me know my schdule and weather or not if i had to go to planet bread that wednesday because i knew if i wanted to keep this job i had to do the training. because it wasnt posted on the board where i was told it was supposed to be . well i got a call that after noon around 2:00 saying that i had to be at panera at 4:00 pm that wednesday witch was auguset 6th. and then go to planet bread for my training . but then the augest 6th that wednesday i had received a call from a manager named brianna at 5:00 am saying i was supposed to be there that i was late but i was not properly informed that i was supposed to work this shift and i explained this to her. and she said that if i didnt come in that my job would be on the line and i didnt find this fair, because i have never been late a day sense i started this job and i currently dont have a car so i never set up a ride to get to this shift because i wasnt informed of it so i explained to her that if my job was on the line id talk to steve when i come in at 4:00 to go for my training like i was informed i was supposed to do so when i showed up that afternoon at four actually to be exact at 3:40pm . because i showed up early to talk to him and not talk on the clock. and explain the situation to him well when i went in he didnt let me explain my situation and told me i was suspended from my job for a week and he told me that if i still wanted a job after that week was up then i could work for him and i dont find this right that i got suspended from a job when i was miss informed of a shift and now you want me to still work for someone that wouldnt let me explain my side of why i wasnt there . so i told him, i quit . this unfair to me because i came in there everytime i was supposed to work and did was i was told i was supposed to with no questions asked . From 5:00am-11:00pm with no break no nothing.

• Co
      Aug 12, 2014

You need to grow up! This isn't high school.It's your responsibility to know what your hours are.

• St
      Sep 02, 2015

Panera Bread is not the issue. It depends on the leadership of each particular store with of course some being bad and others excellent. This can be said of all restauarnt chains, hotels or stores. It does seem like the majority of restaurant employees including managers do not like their jobs and should move on if it's so bad. It can be a great career for the right person. Once again, this is not a Panera Bread only problem.