Palm Harbor / Takes deposit and lies about refunds
On 6/5/11 my husband and I wrote a $1000 check as earnest money for Palm Harbor, told by Steve Roberts in Tomball that if financing wasnt approved we would be Fedex'd our deposit back within 3 days.
On 6/6/11 check cleared, we called Palm harbor, to check financing and it fell thru. So we asked to verify when our dep would be returned. Scott (GM tomball) says email me a copy of the cancelled check from your bank and we can get it back this week. We did. Scott then says "well not really this week, it will be 10 days" We verified "10 days? not 10 business days?" "Nope 10 days, should be refunded on 6/16, you can come pick it up."
6/16, Scott is out of the office, not returning our calls. Call the corporate 800 # and they says "Scott meant 10 business days, and by texas law we technically have up to 21 days" A huge difference from Steve's 3 day fedex your deposit back to you, and Scott's pick it up on 6/16.
Never ever deal with Palm Harbor!!
More Palm Harbor Complaints & Reviews
- Palm Harbor Homes - Lies and cheats 
- Palm Harbor Homes - Bad installation 
- Palm Harbor - House falling apart
- Palm Harbor - Structure Issues 
- Palm Harbor - They lied, and have poor management
- Palm Harbor - Will not refund $500 deposit for services not rendered, stealing. 
- Palm Harbor Homes,plant City Florida - Scam
- Palm Harbor Homes - improper installation of a/c
- Palm Harbor - Bad service