Palm Harbor / Takes deposit and lies about refunds

United States Review updated:

On 6/5/11 my husband and I wrote a $1000 check as earnest money for Palm Harbor, told by Steve Roberts in Tomball that if financing wasnt approved we would be Fedex'd our deposit back within 3 days.

On 6/6/11 check cleared, we called Palm harbor, to check financing and it fell thru. So we asked to verify when our dep would be returned. Scott (GM tomball) says email me a copy of the cancelled check from your bank and we can get it back this week. We did. Scott then says "well not really this week, it will be 10 days" We verified "10 days? not 10 business days?" "Nope 10 days, should be refunded on 6/16, you can come pick it up."

6/16, Scott is out of the office, not returning our calls. Call the corporate 800 # and they says "Scott meant 10 business days, and by texas law we technically have up to 21 days" A huge difference from Steve's 3 day fedex your deposit back to you, and Scott's pick it up on 6/16.

Never ever deal with Palm Harbor!!

Comments

• Gm
      Jul 28, 2016

It plainly states, in writing, on the receipt that it could take up to ten business days to receive your refund. This customer got their refund check back in two days. :)