PA Lottery / ripoff

Friends of mine are big lottery players. One friend played the new Monopoly Jackpot game, he played the whole book.The monopoly is a $5.00 ticket and $300.00 for the whole book, the highest prize in that whole book was $25.00. Another friend played the Win Win game. The ticket is $10.00 and $600.00 for the whole book the highest prize he hit that book was $50.00. I registered all those losing tickets from the monopoly game for the second chance drawing I had 50 or 60 tickets I didn't get not one cash prize from all those tickets I registered. The PA lottery was notified of this and they said that is why it's called gambling. My friends are pretty mad so they started going to New York and New Jersey to gamble.

Pa
Mar 7, 2014

Comments

• En
      18th of May, 2014

I gamble and expect some kind of payback for my efforts and investment, to never win is just a plain ripoff . shame on the lottery .

• Ca
      19th of May, 2014

I have predicted where the spinning wheel will land 100% of the time on the online 2nd chance game. something wrong there.

• Ca
      19th of May, 2014

**** on the monopoly game

21st of May, 2018

On the free online games you win all the time cause its free

• Bo
      26th of May, 2018

I’d like to see an independent audit done on the PA Lottery. I play scratch-offs all the time and something seems very misleading with the winning odds. In addition, I don’t agree with them calling a break even payout a “winner”. A ticket that pays out the face value is not winning in my opinion. Their definition of a “winner” is complete b.s.. If you spend $20 to make $20, you’ve gained nothing. Winning should net you a profit. When they say a ticket has $100 million in “winners” and the majority of them only return the value of the ticket, then that’s intentionally misleading. Nobody plays for the unexcitement of getting your money back. They do this so you play again and eventually lose. They issue new tickets before most of the top prizes are claimed to distract you from continuing to keep playing those old tickets so nobody wins them or so they don’t have to print them. They also discontinue tickets before all top prizes are claimed which is b.s. too. Expecting the government to not be greedy and practice honesty at anything is my own fault. I hope everyone stops playing these scratch-off scams.

• Qu
      26th of Jun, 2018

@BoycottPALottery I have been saying almost everything you just said many times. I think all their games are fixed. No one hits the Cash 5 for days so the pot grows so more people play, then after it gets hit by one winner most of the time, three people hit the next drawing and have to split $125, 000. I was told by a store owner one time that the lottery has to make money. I don't play so they make money. You have better odds at the casinos.

• Ri
      7th of Aug, 2018

The odds on scratch offs or not true I have brought two books in a row and the odds do not come out to what they say they are . I played for a few years now it's the biggest rip off out their.but no more stealing my money should be a class action lawsuit brought against them

• Qu
      28th of Aug, 2018

@Ripoff101 To many hands in the pot. We all know Pa. lottery is fixed.

• Cy
      15th of Aug, 2018

I have played many of times and never even close to winning, to me it's a complete ripoff plus I never got my 5 sign up bonus

• Mr
      7th of Sep, 2018

I am really disappointed with PA ILottery. They don't pay when someone wins. I won $50 after spending a couple hundred dollars playing their games, I decided to cash out. After setting up an ACH account for the withdrawal, they wanted my bank routing number, Social Security number, bank card number, then what really upset me, they wanted a picture of my debit card with a copy of my bank statement wth all of my current information. They did not want that information when I made the deposit, they just took my debit card and my money for me to get started, can someone explain to me why they need all of my banking information to pay a $50 win? I don' think $50 is worth giving up all of my information!