PA Lottery / ripoff

Friends of mine are big lottery players. One friend played the new Monopoly Jackpot game, he played the whole book.The monopoly is a $5.00 ticket and $300.00 for the whole book, the highest prize in that whole book was $25.00. Another friend played the Win Win game. The ticket is $10.00 and $600.00 for the whole book the highest prize he hit that book was $50.00. I registered all those losing tickets from the monopoly game for the second chance drawing I had 50 or 60 tickets I didn't get not one cash prize from all those tickets I registered. The PA lottery was notified of this and they said that is why it's called gambling. My friends are pretty mad so they started going to New York and New Jersey to gamble.

Pa
Mar 7, 2014

Comments

• En
      18th of May, 2014

I gamble and expect some kind of payback for my efforts and investment, to never win is just a plain ripoff . shame on the lottery .

• Ca
      19th of May, 2014

I have predicted where the spinning wheel will land 100% of the time on the online 2nd chance game. something wrong there.

• Ca
      19th of May, 2014

**** on the monopoly game

21st of May, 2018

On the free online games you win all the time cause its free

• Bo
      26th of May, 2018

I’d like to see an independent audit done on the PA Lottery. I play scratch-offs all the time and something seems very misleading with the winning odds. In addition, I don’t agree with them calling a break even payout a “winner”. A ticket that pays out the face value is not winning in my opinion. Their definition of a “winner” is complete b.s.. If you spend $20 to make $20, you’ve gained nothing. Winning should net you a profit. When they say a ticket has $100 million in “winners” and the majority of them only return the value of the ticket, then that’s intentionally misleading. Nobody plays for the unexcitement of getting your money back. They do this so you play again and eventually lose. They issue new tickets before most of the top prizes are claimed to distract you from continuing to keep playing those old tickets so nobody wins them or so they don’t have to print them. They also discontinue tickets before all top prizes are claimed which is b.s. too. Expecting the government to not be greedy and practice honesty at anything is my own fault. I hope everyone stops playing these scratch-off scams.

• Qu
      26th of Jun, 2018

@BoycottPALottery I have been saying almost everything you just said many times. I think all their games are fixed. No one hits the Cash 5 for days so the pot grows so more people play, then after it gets hit by one winner most of the time, three people hit the next drawing and have to split $125, 000. I was told by a store owner one time that the lottery has to make money. I don't play so they make money. You have better odds at the casinos.

• Ri
      7th of Aug, 2018

The odds on scratch offs or not true I have brought two books in a row and the odds do not come out to what they say they are . I played for a few years now it's the biggest rip off out their.but no more stealing my money should be a class action lawsuit brought against them

• Qu
      28th of Aug, 2018

@Ripoff101 To many hands in the pot. We all know Pa. lottery is fixed.

• Cy
      15th of Aug, 2018

I have played many of times and never even close to winning, to me it's a complete ripoff plus I never got my 5 sign up bonus

• Mr
      7th of Sep, 2018

I am really disappointed with PA ILottery. They don't pay when someone wins. I won $50 after spending a couple hundred dollars playing their games, I decided to cash out. After setting up an ACH account for the withdrawal, they wanted my bank routing number, Social Security number, bank card number, then what really upset me, they wanted a picture of my debit card with a copy of my bank statement wth all of my current information. They did not want that information when I made the deposit, they just took my debit card and my money for me to get started, can someone explain to me why they need all of my banking information to pay a $50 win? I don' think $50 is worth giving up all of my information!

• Fo
      22nd of Dec, 2018

@MrKah1 I too played PA ilottery and I am trying to withdraw $30 and they are giving me a hard time withdrawing $30. In July they solicited Me with a $10 bonus if I deposit $10. I used my debit card the $10 deposit posted. The card that I used has since been cancelled and replaced. I didn't win anything, so at that time there was nothing to withdraw.
    On December 17th, I decided to try my luck for the $10 bonus promo. I deposited $20 on my newest debit card (issued in Aug) no bonus appeares on my account. I called they told me the deposit had to be via ACH, so deposited an additional $20 via checking account. I decided to withdraw $30.
    They asked for a copy of my bank statement and debit cards. I uploaded a copy of my statement and debit card that I used on December 17th, However I nolonger have the old debit card that I used in JULY. They are refusing to allow me to withdraw the $30 because I cannot provide a statement within the last 60 days for the debit card that I used in JULY. I provided them with everything else except that. I will no longer be playing the PA lottery, this is ridiculous.

• He
      27th of Oct, 2018

I agree they did the same thing to me!!! After spending hundreds of dollars playing I won $100 and in order to get the funds had to send pictures of my cards, license, bank statement, etc. IT WAS [censored]!

• Fl
      13th of Nov, 2018

I refuse to send ACH all that information. I only deposited $25, won $56. As I inquired about withdrawals, I learned how invasive their requirements are to set up an account. I'll take the loss. With identity theft being a real threat, it felt criminal to have this entity demanding critical financial information. I'm very disappointed how the lottery has several deposit options, but only one way to withdraw. Nope, not for me.

• Li
      16th of Nov, 2018

The app and website for the PA lottery really sucks! They always have issues with it and it doesn’t work properly. Their site has been down for hours today. I haven’t cashed anything out but it is easy to make a deposit. It sounds really difficult to have them deposit winnings into your account. I’d like to see them have an audit done. I started playing a few weeks ago and I’m so done. I refuse to deposit anything else to play. While their website is down I started to do some research and I really wish I would’ve done it before playing for a few weeks. I like how they always publish how much they payout but won’t publish what the customers lose trying to win their small prizes. I played this one game enough to know the payouts and it won’t pay more than $200. I had a $100 bonus the other day I tried to withdraw but it wouldn’t let me because of their stupid rule. I’d rather go to AC & spend my money. The Borgata has great rewards 😎 I’m heading there today. Also I downloaded Parks app and I can play casino games free daily and that’s what I’ll do from now on.

• Ro
      24th of Dec, 2018

Pa Ilottery is a scam at its best. The games are childish and they lure you to play the stupid games by initially letting you win a few times something slightly bigger than your usual once in a while dose, and once they got you hopeful, there you are, hooked on a probability that ceased to exist in your life before and yet now you have to deal with it. I've lost so much in these stupid games in the past few weeks (initially I had won some money), it is just saddening to talk about and it was at the worst time too, right before Christmas. How they get away with taking peoples money, I have no idea. Apparently they think everyone should act as responsible adults and avoid losing otherwise they label you with having gambling problems. Well I for one did not have any problems before the PA Ilottery came along. I went to a nearby casino once in a blue moon and that was the end of it good or bad, but now I have a live one to worry about right in the comfort of my home.