outsurance / ervice

South Africa

My car was booked into the panel beaters on the 26 / 02 / 2015 for a minor bumper scratch and a cracked tail light! I was advised by the manager that my car will be ready on friday (30 / 01 / 2015) as it is a small job, and they have received the light.

I called on thursday to confirm, i was told my car will not be ready as their workers had not come to work. She later told me that my car will be ready on monday! On monday (03. 01. 15) i called, and they said it was in the paint bay. I can expect it on tuesday, i have just received a call from the panel beaters, the light that they have is the wrong light, they will need to re - order the light!! And they cannot say how long it will take!!

Firstly, i did say that i was going away the weekend of the 31 / 01 / 2015, and i will need my car! But they did not get it done! I also said that i will be leaving on wednesday 04 / 02 / 2015, which is tomorrow and i need my car!!

What kind of service is this?? Who does checks on parts received? How can u sit with a part for a week and not know that it is wrong??

I am stuck without a car due to outsurance choosing an incompetent service provider!!! Really pathetic!!!

Bo