Complaints & Reviews

[censored]ing company

know you renember me i had a white ford bantam bakkie way back in 2008 around that was driven by annother female who wrecked my bakkie from the front why hold it against me if i did not even drive the vechile, that women that works for you i assume came to my house the next day here is what pisses me off with you outsurance .she sits down with that recording thing 1 2 then a 3 time every time she tells me in my face i am now lying to her so here around the 5th time she said im lying come clean speak the truth, that pissed me off im trying to explain the truth to her.But when she left and said you are not gonna pay out i phoned immeadtly and told outsurance im finished with you for good, you still up and tell now have the nerve too send me your advertisements .Send outsurance 1 more advert to this e mail adress of mine and im gonna put you on hello peter .you will never do busn with me ever again not now not ever .what douments she decided othe spot through that microphone im guilty u have the wrong name i should be zero insurance there where you always get nothing out .So why on earth would i want to move back to a place that does pay peoples vechiles out.

• OUTsurance's response · Mar 23, 2020

Good day
    It is of course not good to see your claim was rejected. We are not all insensitive to the financial burden this has placed on you.

In order to ensure you no longer receive emails from us, please send us your email address to: [email protected] requesting same.

OUTsurance

Insurance

Outsurance
Hi I am Yusuf Hendricks ID [protected] Policy number OT23723631

Bad service and communication Monies was incorrectly deducted from my bank account for a policy I dont know so I have been battling to get my money back for almost a month now spoke to 2 managers and was told to email my bank statements to them which I did and up to today nothing has been resolved very unhappy

[Resolved] Outsurance Insurance Companyr400 / r800 payout if outsurance cannot beat your premium

This promotion is a complete Lie. after being told I would be getting the R 400.00 payout as Outsurance was nearly 3 x the amount of my current insurance for the new car I was purchasing, (all disclosed on the telephone conversation) I get an email saying I do not qualify, even after the consultant on the phone said I did qualify.

Go listen to your recordings from 29.07.2019 at 12.01 from number [protected]
call duration 23m 48s long.

Ridiculous and Corrupt.

If you have the guts to promote something and promises are made by your consultants, then i suggest you as a company better stick to those promises.

you can contact me on [protected]@gmail.com

• OUTsurance's response · Jul 31, 2019

Good morning. Thank you for notifying us. Your feedback is naturally alarming and we want to investigate what had transpired. Please be so kind and email me your surname and date of birth to: [email protected] Regards, Dinky

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] Outsurance Insurance Company — couldn't beat my premium but I did not receive r400

I got a phone call that Outsurance will phone me so they did about 20 minutes after. They couldn't beat my premium it was R200 more then I brought it down to R680 I think but...

[Resolved] Outsurance Insurance Companymy car is not fixed since last year june

I've been with Outsurance since 2017, i started by paying R1900 comprehensive.I didn't mind paying it because I thought its a very good and efficient insurance. in 2018 Early I was paying R2 296.61, in June I had an accident another car bumped me behind at the Robot, I called and claim and they told me let the other driver who bump my car to go as long as I have the Reg. no following day my car went to Boksburg for Assement and they told me that i'll get an sms that will refer me to the Panel beater and get my car fixed, I've been waiting until today. the Useless insurance they're now calling about the money when can they deduct the money. its Either they get my car Fixed or I want nothing to do with that Stupid insurance.

• OUTsurance's response · Feb 04, 2019

Good day
    We are sorry to read about the very poor service experience you had up to now and thank you for letting us know.

Please be so kind and email me your claim or policy number to: [email protected]

I'll involve our claims manager to contact and assist you urgently.

Dinky Wenhold

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] Outsurance Insurance Company — vehicle glass replacement - vw touareg

Two weeks ago I submitted a claim through Outsurance. PG Glass arrived two days later to replace my window. I was told the window was not the correct one. One week passed and I...

[Resolved] Outsurance Insurance Company — terrible claim experience.

622574 23 09 2018. At 6.20 am I was travelling to bredasdorp in my Mercedes benz delivery van, when a tarentaal flew into my windiscreen while traveling 120 km per hour. Massive damageon...

[Resolved] Outsurance Insurance Company — accident claim

I had an accident in October 2017. The accident was the fault of the driver of the other vehicle. Outsurance had advised me to pay the excess amount and they would reimburse me...

[Resolved] Outsurance Insurance Companypersonal insurance - cancellation

To whom it may concern

I gave instruction per email and verbally to Mr Donovan Boshoff, that I want Outsurance to cancel my cover from the 1st of August 2018.

Despite this, the debit order still went through for Ousurance on my account on the 1st of August 2018.

This is totally unacceptable.

I never had a problem with outsursance service but this is totally unacceptable.

Please assist to reverse this charge.

Kind Regards

• OUTsurance's response · Aug 13, 2018

Good day Theo

Please accept our sincere apologies for the unfortunate incident and accompanied inconvenience you are now experiencing as a result of the unforeseen debit.
    We will naturally investigate the reason for this.

Please provide me with the policy number you held with us, alternatively your date of birth to trace the detail.
    Please email me directly: [email protected]

We will contact and assist you right away.

Dinky Wenhold

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] Outsurance Insurance Company — help please (not a complaint)

Please can you help me. I am trying to contact somebody who sends the pointsmen to the intersection of main road and the r55 in kyalami. Sometimes it's your guys and sometime...

[Resolved] Outsurance Insurance Company — car insurance

I had an accident on 05/07/2018. My claim is #[protected] I called outsurance and within half an hour they picked my car up. After that I had to keep on contacting them and fighting...

[Resolved] Outsurance Insurance Company — damages inflated and ground for rejecting claim invalid (claim no [protected])

In 26 May 2018 on Saturday got involve in accident on my way home with my husband, we submitted a claim to outsurance on 28 May 2018 Monday, the claim advisor informs us that it...

[Resolved] Outsurance Insurance Companyclaim [protected] (misleading clients)

Good Day

I am at my most upset with Outsurance for thier lack of service and misleading strategy.
I am woman aged 34 driving a toyota Yaris - 2013 model, with an extended Warranty on my car. I took in my car to the dealership (Toyota)as it had some leakage. I was advised that my car's radiator had been hit by stone and Warranty cannot cover. I had then called my insurance to find out if they can assist. I spoke to man by the name of Daryl Govidsamy, THE ADVISOR who then advised me that he will get an Assesor to check my car out - to see if they cover or assist me. Two days later he called me to advise me that the damages will be R3750 and they will cover, i must then pay my access of R2750 - which they will refund me R1000 difference into bank account. I then advised Toyota to continue with fixing of my car.

When my car was ready and Toyota contacted me she told me my Insurance refused to pay and i must pat over R8000. This is money i do not have!!

Why did my insurance not tell me they will only cover A PORTION of my car's damage?? or ADVISED for me to take my car elsewhere where they can fix it??

i want my car back paid for as i have never missed a payment

Duduestang Mosetlhe

• OUTsurance's response · May 18, 2018

Good day
    Thank you for bringing the matter to our attention. This is naturally very concerning feedback and we will investigate right away. Please expect our call shortly. Regards, Dinky Wenhold

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] Outsurance Insurance Company — handling of accident claim against other party

I received a message from one of your consultants threatening to take steps against me without receiving any previous correspondence on the matter. Furthermore, Outsurance wa...

[Resolved] insurance

Outsurance quoted R 800 pm but deducted R 1200 for firdt month. Still ignoring three queries. ------ Forwarded Message -------- From: Chris Date: 19/04/2018 10:59:27 Subject...

Outsurance Insurance Companybusiness insurance quotation survey

Hi, I am Emile Coetzee OT [protected]

I asked for a quotation for my Restaurant in Dwarskersbos, West Coast, Western Cape.
After 3 days of very long phone calls I did get a quotation of R2800 pm BUT a survey had to be done.
Shane van der Colff came to do the survey, we discussed the cover needed and reduced many items. After the meeting I asked him what he actually do? His reply was commercial vehicles!!! So why do Outsurance send me a person that does not know anything about restuarants to come and give me a survey???
The report he gave came down that this is a high risk and that the premium will be R6800!!! So after I received a figure of R2800 then excluding and reducing the cover the premium then is 3 x higher!!

Sad to see your ads on TV and then this is how you actually do business.

KelvinH May 03, 2018

Hi Emile,
    Your comment is obviously very concerning.
    We will always ensure we send the correct person to do the survey or vehicle inspection. Based on what you described this was not done. We will investigate the matter and then revert with comprehensive feedback.
    We apologise for the inconvenience this may have caused.
    Regards,
    Kelvin Hearder

[Resolved] car accident

Good Day, I have been dealing with a inccident with out surance since decemeber, I had an accident and my car went in for repairs when it came back I had taken my car in for a...

[Resolved] Outsurance Legal Department — 3rd party claim

Good day I sent all the documents through on 2/03/2018 and I heard nothing back from outsurance. Sent everything through again on 20/03/2018 and then tried to call the 086 number...

secondary driver registered without the id holder' consent

I came to a shocking conclusion that Mrs. (*#%#) ID nr: 680###0022087 is registered as a secondary driver to a Dodge Viper which she, nor her sons or soon to be wedded husband owns. I am here to remind the fact that this is outrageous and will proceed to court due to the fact that Mrs. (*#%#) ID nr: 680###0022087 without her consent was fraudulently assigned to be a secondary driver on a vehicle she does not even own or knew existed.

When Mrs. (*#%#) requested the information she was declined of her rights as the ID holder and Registered Human to that ID by Outsurance although she is the "fraudulently" registered secondary driver. Outsurance indicated that they need to acquire consent from the Main account holder "Unknown" before they can allow Mrs. (*#%#) ID nr: 680###0022087 any information.

So in regards with the South African (POPI) Protection of Personal Information act. Outsurance has Fraudulently accepted unconfirmed information from a stranger who happens to know Mrs (*#%#) ID nr: 680###0022087.

I am delivering the complaint due to the nature of possible victimization if there is a crime committed or to be committed with the fraudulently registered Dodge Viper Information unknown non disclosed from Outsurance that Mrs. (*#%#) ID nr: 680###0022087 has been registered without her consent to the Dodge Viper.

If any information is required due to the nature of the sensitive case I with held all information related to my client please contact me on: [protected].

a third party claim against me

Claim Ref: [protected] I am not getting any response to the third party claim against I have forwarded all the details to the person claiming against me as well as forwarded hi...

lack of assistance

We had an incident on Saturday (09/12) whereby we hit a pothole and damaged both right side tyres. We were able to get the car home and wait to lodge a claim. On Sunday (10/12) @ 09h59, I lodged a claim using the app. On Monday morning at 07h08 I contacted your call centre to confirm if the claim was received and what was the process. I chatted to Millicent maybe Melissa, who was very helpful who took all my details and said she will call me back. I waited an hour and then around 08:04, I called the call centre again. I did not get the ladies name but a claim was NOT lodged for the following reasons. I stated what my situation was and that my vehicle is not driveable as 2 tyres ae damaged and I have only 1 spare. Further to that, I am a female (which is not an excuse) but it is very difficult to jack this vehicle and change the tyre by myself. That being said I was told that the vehicle would be towed to the assessment centre, but there was not guarantee when the assessor would even look at the vehicle., I would most likely only get the vehicle back next year as the panel beaters are closing. I get that it is the festive period but these are tyres not body work to be done. The lady explained to me that this is process and there is no guarantee as assessor will be available on demand. So I proposed going to a tyre place, getting my vehicle towed and replacing the tyres. I was then told that there would be no guarantee that the claim would be honoured and if it was it would under Outsurance rates. Now I ask this question, we pay a very hefty premium and this is the level of service we receive? In this entire discussion, I was not given a solution that I could work with. I felt as if I was being stonewalled and reluctantly decided to sort this out on my own. I wonder why we need insurance when one still has to pay for things themselves. This time round I am a very unhappy customer! I will get my car sorted and I will submit the claim without hoping for a positive outcome.

KelvinH Dec 14, 2017

Good day,
    The service delivery you have described is of a level we will not condone. Every claim we handle on its own merits and based on your description, we could of handled your claim better. Please can you email your claim or policy number to [email protected] We will revert with feedback.
    Sorry for the bad exeperience
    Thanks, OUTsurance

[Resolved] first month deduction

When I moved my insurance from Kingprice to Outsurance I was told by the gentleman handling my wuote that my montly deduction would be R506 and now R828 was deducted. Which means my account is in arrears and their is a possibilty that the amount might be reversed leaving me without insurance. I thought that Outsurance was a great company with great service and now this happens. Nowhere was I told that my deductions would be so much and I was assured that no admin fee would be added to my account. Can someone look into my policy and give me feedback Policy number OT19265053

• OUTsurance's response · Dec 05, 2017

Good day. Thank you for your feedback. At the same token, please accept our apologies for the delay! Our client care manager will call and assist you shortly. Regards, Dinky

[Resolved] bad service

My car was involved in an accident and I lodged a claim and I was told to take my car to my nearest Panel beater in Umtata. The car was left unfinished, they never touched the tailgate and the lights. The panel beaters where I was referred to by outsurance in Umtata have a very poor service, outsurance will end up losing client around that side if they are not taking this seriously. After I received the car I called Remano and told that the car was half done, he said he's gonna lodge another claim, he called me back and told that people from the same panel beaters will contact me. That was in August and now we are approaching the end of September and they never contacted me. I tried to contact them several times but they ignored my calls. I sent an email back to Remano telling him that i was being ignored, he never responded to my email up until today and my car is still in bad condition. I would never recommend any friend or family to take outsurance because of the service that I got. My car was not properly fixed anyone can tell that it was once involved in an accident because it still has some scratches even the mirror on the left is still bad but people from panel beaters got paid for such nonsense they did to my car.

I would advice outsurance to have an assessor around Mthatha check the all the cars before and after they have fixed them, they are being paid for nothing.

• OUTsurance's response · Sep 21, 2017

Hello Zandile. I am so sorry to read about this frustrating service experience as well as the coupled inconvenience this has led to! Pls e-mail me your claim no to: [email protected] I'll involve our assessing manager to arrange assistance and urgent feedback to you. Regards, Dinky

• Resolution Statement

policy increase with no proper feedback

234111 Good Day Dinky, I see you are in the Outsurance complaints board or respond and investigate queries, I have a serious issue with Outsurance, since I joined in March 2002 I have...

[Resolved] disappointed in hearing that I am a multiple claimant

Hi,
I called in yesterday to share that my property was robbed. Whilst going through the process I was informed that I was a multiple claimant and that my premiums would be reviewed or even policy cancelled.
I find this disturbing as insurance is taken to help during incidents that occur not always as a result of ones own fault, as in point in case. I was referred to in this manner but told that my claim would affect my no claim bonus that would expire in December 2018, meaning I have not had a claim on this policy in over 15 months, so as long as you can take my premiums you are satisfied but when I claim you put me under review.
Also note that I had a flood/ rain damage to my contents in December, but because you could not guarantee the repair, I did not proceed with the claim. This approach is surely not one of a person who is a multiple claimant.
Additionally I have another policy with you that covers my 4 motor vehicles and 1 motorbike. Based on these 5 vehicles I have had possibly 2 claims in the last 2 years of around R12k. Does this warrant a review???

I will review my decision to move my policies as I do not believe that I should be tainted in this manner.

• OUTsurance's response · Aug 16, 2017

Good day Claude. We fully understand your disappointment, Our actuaries make these decisions based on various factors, ie claims frequency etc. Pls e-mail me your policy no to: [email protected] I will in turn refer the detail and provide you with further feedback. Regards, Dinky

• Resolution Statement

[Resolved] outsurance points persons on intersection of, uranium road and cedar road fourways

Please URGENTLY replace the two outsurance pointsladies at the intersection of Uranium road and Cedar road. It took me an hour to drive from Broadacres shopping centre to this named intersection - only to watch how the ladies allow traffic to move from Uranium road onto Cedar - once the traffic completely cleared on Uranium road, they then allowed traffic to move from Campbell onto Cedar road till Campbell road was clear, BUT then they immediately went back to Uranium road AND ALLOWED TRAFFIC TO MOVE FROM URANIUM ONTO CEDAR AGAIN !!! You can imagine my anger when I am sitting on Cedar road FOR AN HOUR NOW !!! waiting to just cross the intersection of Uranium and remain on Cedar, and I have to watch them allow Uranium to move TWICE !! FOR TRAFFIC THAT HAS PROBALLY SAT THERE FOR A TOTAL OF 2 MINUTES !! This is completely unacceptable and just plain malicious ! Kindly remove those pointspersons IMMEDIATELY and replace with pointspersons that can actually do the job properly.

• OUTsurance's response · Aug 03, 2017

Hello, we appreciate your feedback. We are notifying the coordinators right away. In order to provide you with feedback, please e-mail me, as I will then e-mail you their response: [email protected] Regards, Dinky

[Resolved] service

Claim - [protected]/OT21022645 part 2 lies, lies pushing the buck The complaints department is worse, They have only just entered the claim and the car has yet to be collected...

[Resolved] repairs of the car claims notepad - [protected]/ot21022645 (mr l pillay)

Outsurance has made me run after them for a whole month, today when picking up the car to my utter stock and disbelief the cars exterior is only done, the engine is making a huge...

[Resolved] r400/ r800 cash promotion

On 20 July 2017 at 15;30 Outsurance contacted me as one of my friends referred me to them to do a comparison quote on my vehicle to see if they can save me money. First speaking...

claim [protected]

234111 Accident occur on the 11/05/2017 Accident Report Nr 72/05/2017 Outsurance Client: Daryn Aiken - Cell nr: [protected] driving a white VW Polo Reg nr: 000AKIN NC 3rd Party: Aletta...

unethical treatment of 3rd party claim

So this happened...in march a client of outsurance hit my parked car. He claimed responsibility for it, gave me his insurance details and personal details. I followed their...

[Resolved] quotation for my new car & update of policy

hi I have called and spoke to service adviser who then transferd me to COLE the manager who gave me the best possible rate, I then asked for the quote to be mailed to me with no...

[Resolved] poor paint work by easy beat panel beaters pretoria north.

234111 I (OT [protected]) was in a bumper bash in Nov 2010 with my Opel Astra (Claim [protected]). The paint is peeling off and it is clear that it was poor workmanship. I included photos of...

[Resolved] outsurance claim

My name is Nkosinsthi Nleya id [protected] .I logged a claim with Nadira about a break in for the building on the 8th of april and i received the claim reference number.I wa...

[Resolved] 2nd rate panel beaters & bullying tactics

Claim # [protected]. Another driver also an OUTsurance client opened their door as I was driving past and hit my car. Very helpful Tracy took my claim. I was assured that if the...

[Resolved] car insurance

Yesterday, 9 Feb 2017, I have tried to cancel my vehicle insurance with OUTsurance, because I have found a better offer. After 35 minutes of explaining that I am happy with the...

cancellation of insurance

Good day, for the past 3 years I have tried to cancel my insurance with you guys, I even had a consultant help me up to the stage of a reimbursement, but yet I see the insurance is still proceeding, I use my FNB account as a savings account, and don't use it often, but for some reason, I see the balance is not climbing as much as I anticipated.

I see now its a policy I cancelled in 2014/2015
Please sort this out, its really anoying, I can forward you all the mails and correspondence
Ot18342336

KelvinH Jan 30, 2017

Hi,

This is truly concerning to hear that you cancelled a few years ago yet we are still debiting your account!
    I am going to escalate the matter to a retention manager who will contact you asap and get this matter resolved.
    We apologize for the inconvenience caused.
    Regards,

Kelvin

claiming my dual insurance and outsurance only paid me 20% of that

I claimed from Outsurance my Dual Refund on my Building policy as I had the same policy with another institute as I did not know that it covered me for the same things so I...

[Resolved] claim

I contacted outsurance last week thursday (29 dec) about my cellphone which was no longer working (I have it covered with them).
As always, they were efficient, their service provider collected my phone on the 30th of dec, to have the cellphone evaluated, to see if it can be repaired or not.
It's now friday the 6th of jan and still no word from the insurer, worse I have to keep calling them to trace how far my claim is.
I've claimed many times from outsurance and their service has always been remarkable - efficient and i'm always kept in the loop of what is going on.
This claim has taken much longer than usual but I think what is disappointing is that i'm not being kept up to date with it - I left a message yesterday for the person dealing with my claim and she did not return my call - so not like them.

It will be really disappointing if outsurance has decided to lower its standards so early in the new year. I've stayed with them for so long because of their professionalism, and efficiency and client care. It's my first time ever experiencing such low standards with them.

• OUTsurance's response · Jan 06, 2017

Good day. Thank you for your feedback which is naturally concerning. Please accept our sincere apology for the huge delay on the claim and poor service form our side. Please be so kind and e-mail me your claim or policy no to: [email protected] I'll arrange immediate assistance and proper feedback for you. Regards, Dinky Wenhold

app [protected]@out - outsurance

Good day, My fiancé had a flat battery on the 9th of December 2016 at night. She used the App, [protected]@Out for assistance. She then received a reference number (we cannot find the...