Oro Gold / Return Issues

1 Minot, ND, United States Review updated:

After a high pressured sales pitch from the manager, who stated his family owned the company (which I highly doubt), I purchased some Oro Gold products to try. I was not told at any time that I would not be able to return the products if I was not satisfied. As I was driving home, I noticed that the arm Shai, the sales person, had used in his demonstration was beginning to itch, and that my left eye, where he had placed the eye creams, was beginning to swell. When I got home, I checked the ingredients, and realized that the products contained wheat proteins. I have a SEVERE wheat allergy. Granted, I should have checked the products more closely before buying, but having had this issue in the past, I took 500 mg of Benadryl to get rid of the hives on my arm and stop my eye from swelling and decided to return the products the next day. (Driving after taking that much Benadryl was out of the question.) When I tried to return the products, I was informed that they do not do returns and Shai stated that there was no way I had had a reaction to the products. As anyone with severe allergies knows, putting products on your body that you are allergic to is out of the question. I am now stuck with over $300 in products that I will never use. Be very wary of this company, their sales people, and their lies.

Comments

• Ep
      30th of Sep, 2014

I had a very similar experience. The sales associates cashed me out conveniently behind the register where I couldn't see the no return policy sign. It was a high pressured sale. Now they're refusing to return my products. I've filed a complaint with the nj department of consumer affairs.

2nd of Dec, 2014

I had a very similar experience at an OroGold store in SLC, Utah. After a long high pressure sales pitch, and me trying to leave many times, I finally agreed to purchase products just so I could get out of the store - fully intending to return them. After the salesman ran my card, and as he was stapling the receipts for me, he showed me that they have a no return policy, and you can only exchange products for up to 30 days. I was furious! I could not imagine a reputable company that would not provide a money back guarantee. I tried returning everything, but they would not accept it and said I'd need to call the customer service number M-F (this was a Saturday). Monday I called, and the "customer service" gal said they could not return the products. I call the mall manager and complained and she told me that OroGold was under contract with the mall to return any unopened products within 7 days of purchase. So they outright lied, and were pushy, and rude. The mall manager called the store to tell them I'd be returning, and when I did take everything back, they were much more cooperative. I will never do any business with them again.

• De
      13th of Apr, 2015

I high pressure salesman talked me into purchasing $300. From a kiosk in the Bay Brook Mall. Then he said something about a demonstration and had me follow him to the Mall Store where he turned me over to a high pressure woman who sat me down and instead of samples of how to use the things I had already bought, it was turned into a high pressure sales pitch where they talked me into buying an additional $4, 300.00 more. I am bi-polar and on manic days highly gullible to new ideas, etc. I tool the 4 big bags of products home but didn't feel right so I decided to sleep on it a day or two. When I felt normal again I began trying to negotiate a return of the products and was told about the no return policy. After stalling, false promises that the owner would call me, etc, I came to the conclusion that I needed to look on this site for possible help. I'm going to try contacting the mall manager today. If that doesn't work I guess I will hire a lawyer to get my $4, 630.00 back. The sales lady has tried every pressure tactic to get me to keep the products.