O'Reilly Auto Parts / bad parts!

O'Reilly Auto Parts sold me a air conditioner compressor in 05. I had to pay $300.00 to replace it in 05. Then again in 06. Now I have to replace it again in 07 and it is 2 months out of warranty. So I even get to pay to replace the part. O'Reilly Auto Parts said they don't care. They want me to take it to court.

Comments

• Mi
      9th of Aug, 2007

They did us the same way. They spend millions on racing BS and treat customers like crap. I won't use them for anything.

• Pa
      23rd of Jul, 2008

Why did you have to pay $300 to replace it in the same year? The part comes with a 1yr warr. if you purchase all the required items (Drier and Orfice Tube) and flush the system out before installing. And every shop I have ever been to have at least a 1yr labor warr. The shop should have done the job for free and then filed a labor claim with the manufacture (with assistance from O'Reilly's).

• Kt
      31st of Jul, 2008

Have you ever tried to file a labor claim with OReillys...try 3 months wait and that is with daily calls. As a car repair shop trust me...DO NOT USE OREILLYS PARTS.

• Da
      1st of Aug, 2008

it probably shouldnt have been warrantied at all did you replace orifice tube and clean the system these are required for warranty if you put a new part in a dirty system its bound to break again

• Sh
      2nd of May, 2011

Well, my comment is ... find out all warranty information before purchasing any parts from any store ! Also, if you only replace one item, you are risking it breaking down again. You must replace all parts involved. Not just a compressor. Check into that, and you might see that it's not the part that's the problem consistently, it's due to other faulty parts my friend.