O'Reilly Auto Parts / bad parts!

United States Review updated:
O'Reilly Auto Parts sold me a air conditioner compressor in 05. I had to pay $300.00 to replace it in 05. Then again in 06. Now I have to replace it again in 07 and it is 2 months out of warranty. So I even get to pay to replace the part. O'Reilly Auto Parts said they don't care. They want me to take it to court.

A  9th of Aug, 2007 by
They did us the same way. They spend millions on racing BS and treat customers like crap. I won't use them for anything.
N  23rd of Jul, 2008 by
Why did you have to pay $300 to replace it in the same year? The part comes with a 1yr warr. if you purchase all the required items (Drier and Orfice Tube) and flush the system out before installing. And every shop I have ever been to have at least a 1yr labor warr. The shop should have done the job for free and then filed a labor claim with the manufacture (with assistance from O'Reilly's).
N  31st of Jul, 2008 by
Have you ever tried to file a labor claim with OReillys...try 3 months wait and that is with daily calls. As a car repair shop trust me...DO NOT USE OREILLYS PARTS.
D  1st of Aug, 2008 by
it probably shouldnt have been warrantied at all did you replace orifice tube and clean the system these are required for warranty if you put a new part in a dirty system its bound to break again
N  2nd of May, 2011 by
Well, my comment is ... find out all warranty information before purchasing any parts from any store ! Also, if you only replace one item, you are risking it breaking down again. You must replace all parts involved. Not just a compressor. Check into that, and you might see that it's not the part that's the problem consistently, it's due to other faulty parts my friend.

O'Reilly Auto Parts Logo O'Reilly Auto Parts