Orbitz / No service and no refund
I made a group reservation.
- They processed the payment by check
- They also left me a voice mail and e-mailed me to say that they couldn't give me the hotel rate that I placed a deposit on.
- I canceled the reservation and asked for a refund
- I checked on the status of the refund.
- The said that it takes 4-6 weeks.
- filed a complaint with BBB
- received a response from Orbitz saying the hotel just sent the money back and they would be sending the refund in 10 days.
- BBB asked if I wanted to accept this response
- replied to BBB that I do not accept the response because it's been 10 days and I still haven't received a refund
As you can see, it looks like Orbitz is either hard up for money and doesn't want to let any money go back out the door or they're running some type of scam on customers by baiting and switching prices and then never giving a refund. Out of all the complaints about them that I saw at the Better Business Bureaus, most are about refunds. If I can't find a lawyer to sue for this, I'm going to small claims court.
More Orbitz Complaints & Reviews
- Orbitz - Horrifying service, dishonesty, scams 
- Orbitz - Price Assurance scam 
- Orbitz - Orbitz access America insurance scam 
- Orbitz - Credit card charged, no hotel room booked! 
- Orbitz - annoying promo Emails 
- Orbitz - car rental 
- Orbitz - orbitz was prepaid and when I arrived at the hilton my prepaid room w/ upgrade was not available
- Orbitz - flight change - orbitz itinerary number:7362683081906
- Orbitz - changing my flight
- Orbitz.com - Scam