09:30 AM - 6:30 PM
Travel & Vacations

Orbitz / No service and no refund

Va Review updated:

I made a group reservation.

March 10th

- They processed the payment by check

- They also left me a voice mail and e-mailed me to say that they couldn't give me the hotel rate that I placed a deposit on.

March 12th

- I canceled the reservation and asked for a refund

April 15th

- I checked on the status of the refund.

April 16th

- The said that it takes 4-6 weeks.

May 7th

- filed a complaint with BBB

May 8th

- received a response from Orbitz saying the hotel just sent the money back and they would be sending the refund in 10 days.

- BBB asked if I wanted to accept this response

May 17

- replied to BBB that I do not accept the response because it's been 10 days and I still haven't received a refund

As you can see, it looks like Orbitz is either hard up for money and doesn't want to let any money go back out the door or they're running some type of scam on customers by baiting and switching prices and then never giving a refund. Out of all the complaints about them that I saw at the Better Business Bureaus, most are about refunds. If I can't find a lawyer to sue for this, I'm going to small claims court.

Comments

• Va
      30th of Oct, 2006
    Orbitz - Orbitz users beware!

I booked a hotel room with Orbitz but later needed to cancel my reservation. I went to the front desk of the hotel (in Best Western Incheon, South Korea) and asked them if I could cancel my reservation with no charge. They said yes. So I assumed that I would not be charged for the room, since I canceled the reservation before my stay and did not stay in the room.

Anyway, you can guess what happened - I was charged for the room - $214!

I urge people who book with Orbitz to be very cautious. Orbitz is becoming more and more like Priceline - if you agree to a reservation with Orbitz, you'd better be prepared to pay for it. Cancellations are very difficult and, if my experience is any indication, you'll be charged for your room/hotel/car, even if you cancel your reservation and don't use the service.

• Lu
      13th of Dec, 2006

Orbit charged our credit card, without our permission,for a hotel reservation. When we arrived at the hotel we paid on another credit card, at a rate about 30% lower than Orbitz. Orbitz refuses to credit our account.

• Au
      6th of Jan, 2008

Mister Zed when you purchased the reservation you agreed to purchased a prepaid hotel that means YOU will be charged. So if hotel agrees not to charge orbitz then orbitz will absolutely refund you. If you have been booking hotels you would know that!

• Au
      6th of Jan, 2008

Miss Mb please the instructions before clicking on anything so you'll know what will happen. ALL WEBSITES INFORMS YOU THAT YOU'LL WILL BE CHARGED ONCE YOU CLICK PURCHASE. Thats why its called "PURCHASED"

• Na
    Yuba City
    California
    Phone: 530-822-9640
    orbitz.com

I paid for an All Inclusive (A.I.) package through Orbitz.com (whom I have dealth with numerous times) at the Faro Mazatlan Beach Resort. I printed my "My Itinerary" confirmation from Orbitz, which shows my total package and the "All Inclusive" for this resort. Upon arrival, the Resort, told me we did not pay for All Inclusive, even when I showed them a copy of the Itinerary. It took 3 days before I could get through to Orbitz, who failed to call the hotel or e-mail me back after my first 3 e-mails. On Monday Feb. 11, the resort called Orbitz, and after speaking to a Paige in the vacation Package division, she confirmed to me and the hotel that I did pay for A.I., Faro told Paige to contact their booking division giving her the phone number. Continually checking back with the Resort Staff, they told me they had not been contacted from Orbitz and thus I did not receive any benefits of A.I., not until 9pm Thursday before my departure on Saturday, the Resort offered to give us the wrist bands, I told them it was to late in the week, and that I wanted a refund between the difference, this was ignored as the Supervisor just walked away. I have since been in contact with Orbitz, the disadvantage is that when ever you call you can never speak to the same person, some could be here in the U.S. and others overseas. Today 2/26/08 there is still no satisfaction. I'm very dispointed with Orbitz, and don't believe I'll ever use them again. I'll be putting the word out as much as I can including contacting my Credit Card company to let them know I am not paying this bill!

31st of Mar, 2008
    Orbitz - Not refunding web page mistake
    www.orbitz.com

My husband was trying to book a package on Orbitz. On his first attempt, as he was entering his credit card information into the computer and then went to the next page, but before he booked, he was told that the price had gone up. So he did not approve the purchase (as he did not have that amount in his account), but the computer put the booking through anyway, under record locater D52TFE. We then booked the package under my card for record locater 64EGR3. A week or so later my husband realized there was something wrong with his bank account, and he had accumulated $264 in overdraft fees. We called Orbitz, and they cancelled the additional package and refunded most, but not all of the charges. They said because of the double booking not having all the same flights, $300 could not be refunded for a leg of the trip. But, they agreed to give a $300 credit, which will cost $100 to use. I asked the customer service people (I talked to so many) to remedy the situation by paying us $100 plus the $264 overdraft fees. I was told that the company did not believe that the computer made an error, but that they could do an investigation. Could we wait one to two weeks? Yes, fine. However, we never heard from them. So, a month later I finally have time to call back. They have no record of this so-called investigation, supposedly. After talking to about three people, they say they will investigate the matter and call back in 24 hours. I was quite surprised that they actually did call back about 38 hours later. Now the representative says that they have no record of the double booking! I give her both record locater numbers and she says because the charges were on two different cards, there will be no refund for overdraft fees or the $100 that we will have to pay to use the airline credit. I explain that it was a computer error and that I was told there would be an investigation. The representative tells me that there was no computer error and that the person making the booking made a mistake. I ask her what she bases this information on if she has not seen any investigation findings. She then says this is still under investigation (she says this after she first said there was no record of there being an investigation). I said she was lying and that I wanted to speak to her supervisor. She said fine, talk to my supervisor and hung up on me.

2nd of May, 2008
    Orbitz - Bad experience
    www.orbitz.com

Having booked three flights through Orbitz all connecting one to the other: IE: Miami to Mexico City, Mexico City to Puerto Vallarta, Puerto Vallarta back to Mexico City. They failed disastrously when the MEX to PVR was cancelled and moved to a flight which does not even connect from the incoming flight to connect with. It was a 2pm arrival with a 3:35pm connection departure which was changed to 10:30am. Pure stupidity on Orbitz part. You cannot connect from a 2pm arriving flight and expect to catch a flight which departs 3.5 hours before it even arrives.

7th of May, 2008
    Orbitz - Beware of them
    www.orbitz.com

I cancelled a flight to Europe in October 2017. I was given an $1100 credit. I was told by Orbitz.com that I had six months to reschedule. Over the next six months I was given excuse after excuse as to why I couldn't re-schedule my flight. In mid-April 2017, I was told we are doing an investigation into your matter. You will here back from a supervisor. I did not hear back until after the six month cut off date and lost the $1100 credit. ORBITZ.com scams people. BEWARE! SCAM! SCAM! SCAM!

5th of Jun, 2008
    Orbitz - Paying 300$ for their mistake
    www.orbitz.com

Let me recount what a NIGHTMARE it was dealing with the Orbitz customer service staff:

I originally called a sales agent to book a new flight from OKC to Washington DC (July 3-July 6) in order to use a credit I had on my account from a previous cancellation. I would normally book it through the website, but I was forced to call an agent in order to use my credit.

I spoke with a girl and I gave her all my information and told her I needed a flight from OKC-Washington DC, leaving on July 3rd and returning on July 6th. She said there would be a $130 charge per flight off my credit due to some rebooking fees from my previous cancellation and charged my credit card accordingly ($280). I was fine with this as I understood the cancellation policy. She booked my flight and charged the price difference that she found for the flights. She then notified me I would receive an email confirmation of the flight details shortly and thanked me for my business.

Minutes after I hung up the phone, I checked my email for the confirmation. Upon reviewing the information, I noticed that she had made a HUGE mistake and booked the returning flight as July 5th, as opposed to July 6th that I requested. I immediately called back and spoke with someone in customer service thinking this would be an easy mistake to correct and no harm was done. I spoke to a customer service agent and was told that there was nothing she could do and I would be charged fees to correct her mistake. I then requested to speak with a supervisor and ended up with Marcello (MTO). Marcello opened an investigation regarding the matter and said he would call me later in the evening. Two hours later, he called me back and said he reviewed the phone call and that he understood that I requested July 6th, but that your customer service girl did not interpret it correct and booked July 5th as the return date. He then informed me that I would be charged another $150/flight ($300 total for the 2 flights I purchased) in order to change the return dates to July 6th. He offered the Orbitz fees ($30) to be taken off, but nothing else. He then tried to contact American Eagle and notify them of the booking agent’s mistake to see if you could get a refund, but informed me they were closed for the evening. I asked if he would contact them in the morning and he said the investigation has now been closed and offered no other solutions to remedy the situation.

This is outright unacceptable from Orbtiz. I have a hard time believing that they treat all their customers this way for mistakes that their own employees make. He wanted me to pay $300 for a mistake that an Orbitz booking agent made?

I have informed many friends & family members of their practices and recommended they cease doing business with Orbitz. My company also does quite a bit of business with Orbitz for travel arrangements. I have expressed to all my colleagues how disappointed I was in the Orbitz services. Needless to say, I am a very upset customer and demand that action be taken to correct this mistake immediately.

I have also filed a complaint against Orbitz with the Better Business Bureau, case #94183498.

1st of Jul, 2008
    Orbitz - Stay away
    www.orbitz.com

Orbitz-same O:one week prior departure I find out that my flight is cancelled, time & money lost, no logic explanation, » customer service"-useless, just lie. Have all flight confirmation e-mails days after reservation, made a call to "customer service" three days after reservation to make sure everything OK, they gave me 100%.Two weeks later My flights with Delta - cancelled. Called Delta, they point to Orbitz. Two hours with Orbitz "customer service" representative and then they try to sell same flight tickets to me just 1000$ more per ticket(International flight).I guess they have a Right to Screw customers...

22nd of Jul, 2008
    Orbitz - Don't use them
    orbitz.com

In June 2017 we arrived at the airport in Charlotte, NC for our flight to Chicago only to find that the flight had been changed. I had talked to a person at Orbitz the previous day who gave me what I thought was the correct flight information. We were never emailed or called with the updated flight information and we missed our flight to Chicago. The flight left 3 hours earlier.

Thanks to the Air Tran attendant we were able to get on stand-by for a flight later that day. However, we missed a whole day of our vacation as we were supposed to have gotten to Chicago that morning.

Don't use Orbitz!!

20th of Aug, 2008

Hang in there and get your money back. Push it as far as you can with the BBB so they will be forced to answer your complaint!

2nd of Sep, 2008
    Orbitz - Don't trust them
    orbitz.com

We paid the package with two air tickets to Kalispell $916.00 and car rental $582.83 on July 16th.However, budget car rent in Kalispell still charged us $401.82 again on August 15th. This must be a mistake!!! They should return $582.83 for car rental to our credit card.

If you don't check your credit card carefully when you pay it, you may be charged extra a lot.

Orbitz customer service ***! Not efficient at all. I called three times and didn't solve the problem. I will not use orbitz. Don't use it if you can.

27th of Jan, 2009
    Orbitz - Mismanged Flights
    California

Orbitz Complaints:

We booked all our flights for a trip to Costa Rica through Orbitz, and to our dismay, we were almost stranded and forced to pay for a flight home. We booked our flights down on U.S. Airways and the return flights on Mexicana. A red flag was raised approximately 4 weeks prior to our departure for the trip when I saw that we had several duplicate flights for our return. I promptly phoned Orbitz customer service, and after waiting over 2 Hrs. spoke with a representative. They informed me that flights for my original itinerary, which had us laying over twice, had been cancelled and that the itinerary was changing and being updated to only 1 layover through Mexico City and I would be informed via email. Two weeks later, the itinerary changed, to just one layover and was updated, so I assumed we were fine.

All went accordingly with the trip down, but when we got to the airport to check in for our return flight/s to Los Angeles, the ticket agent at Mexicana took a long time trying to check us in then went in the back to speak with a supervisor. It was then I knew we were in trouble. He and the supervisor came out and explained that the changes to the itinerary had not been reflected or confirmed on their end, and that to complicate things, since our flight down was on U.S. Airways, they couldn’t guarantee us anything for the flight back, but the Mexicana team was extremely diligent and helpful, and proceeded directly to taking us to speak with a U.S. Airways representative who was behind the scenes because the U.S. airways ticket agents weren’t in yet. U.S. Airways also said that the changes were never confirmed in their system and basically said it wasn’t their problem, so now we had no airline honoring our flight. Luckily, the Mexicana team wouldn’t let it go, and they were able to reference our original itinerary with the two layovers, but they could not print tickets without itinerary confirmation from U.S. Airways, and U.S. Airways explained they had no agents that were competent enough to reference and print the itinerary until 1 Hr. prior to our departure. At this point the only other option I was presented was buying new tickets, and I decided to hold out until the end with Mexicana and if U.S. didn’t deliver, I would have to buy 2 new tickets on Mexicana. At the last minute, U.S. Airways delivered the confirmation to Mexicana, and we were confirmed.

After this experience I am done with Orbitz, and most probably all 3rd party travel sites. There customer service was/is atrocious, and furthermore, they simply did not provide the services I contracted them for. If not for the diligence on the part of Mexicana, I would have been either forced to buy new tickets or stranded in Costa Rica. Orbitz negligence managed to make what was otherwise a very wonderful and pleasant vacation, a stress filled nightmare at the end. I booked these tickets more than 8 months in advanced to avoid this kind of confusion and issue. I will tell everyone I know to avoid Orbitz at all costs.

Christopher Adams

• Za
      5th of Feb, 2009
    Orbitz - voided ticket
    orbitz

I bought a ticket on orbitz.com, and when I got to the airport, I found out the ticket was voided. I called up their customer service line and was diverted to their fraud dept. The idiot from the fraud dept said he couldn't get a hold of me, and that it was my fault. He was rude and did not care that I was stranded. I had to pay $55 cab fare both ways, and was stranded, needless to say. I had to rebook the ticket from another site. This was an awful experience. I will never buy from orbitz.

• Am
      5th of Mar, 2009
    Orbitz - ORBITZ STOLEN $1500 FROM ME

I BOOKED 3 AIRLINE TICKETS WITH THEM, THE TOTAL COST IS $3398 AND WHAT HAPPENED IS I FOUND MY DAUGHTER STATED AS AN ADULT AND MY WIFE AS AN CHILD. I CALLED TO FIX THAT THEY SAID NO CANNOT FIXED!!
    I CANCELLED THE RESERVATION, AS OF THEIR POLICY THEY SHOULD GIVE ME CREDITS OF $3398 TO USE IT FOR ANOTHER RESERVATION BUT THEY DON'T AND AFTER I WASTING MORE THAN 3 HOURS WITH THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE DEPT. FINALLY I GOT THAT:
    I WILL LOOSE ABOUT $442.32 PLUS TAX PER EACH TICKET WHICH IS TOTAL LOOSE OF $1500
    "I CAN'T PAY $150 FOR EACH TICKET AND TAKE THE SAME TRIP AGAIN OR ANOTHER ONE BY THE $3398 AS OF THEIR POLICY STATED!!"
    ALSO, I HAVE TO WAIT 60 DAYS TO RECEIVE MY MONEY WHICH MEANS I CAN'T TRAVEL TO MY COUNTRY NOW SINCE MY CREDIT WILL BACK AFTER 60 DAYS!!
    (CHARGED ME THE SAME DAY BUT REFUND ME AFTER 60!!)

Cairo 4/14/09
    This trip includes flights.

This reservation has been canceled.

Flight reservation

• Fr
      18th of Mar, 2009
    Orbitz - Dont book with them
    Orbitz

I booked A 3 day stay with Allstate Inn In Lebanon Oh, Through Orbitz It was listed As indoor and Outdoor pool.When we got there to check in, not only was there no Indoor Or Outdoor Pool, the place smelled so bad I could not breath.The place was filthy and run down . I was not going to subject my wife to that enviroment.So instead of having A romantic Valentine weekend with my wife I had To drive another 40 miles to find A suitable hotel.When I called Orbitz to get A refund I was Charged $63.08 For not giving A 24 Hr Cancelation notice.If It was not Faulty Advertized(INDOOR POOL) I would have Stayed For 3 days.

• Mi
      13th of Jun, 2009
    Orbitz - Awful experience
    orbitz.com

Warning, ORBITZ allows you to select seats on your airline reservation but it means nothing! They just forward those requests to the airline and the airline honors them, if possible. You get no warning from ORBITZ OR the airline if the request is not fulfilled. In fact, if the request is not fulfilled you get no seats and find that out at checkout; at that time seats together are virtually impossible. This happened to me on a flight with my wife from Philadelphia to San Juan on 04-21-09. 'Luckily, ' I found out upon 24-hour early checking and was able to purchase two 'select' seats together at $20.00 a pop! Both USAIR and Orbitz passed the buck.

Lesson, book with the airline, dump ORBITZ, if you want seats together!

• Br
      28th of Jul, 2009
    Orbitz - Awful company
    orbitz.com

Upon scheduling a flight, I clicked on itinerary and got forwarded to a coupon that had nothing to do with the flight. I still cannot get the e-ticket and have paid. The website seems to be filled with everything but the information I went there to purchase a ticket. No clear lines for getting that information, and no phone number to call. Just an email that says they will take time to respond... up to 3 hours which is a long time when you are waiting for information.

• Un
      23rd of Nov, 2009
    Orbitz - Price assurance gurantees/cancellation policies
    orbitz.com

Complaint is with Orbitz's advertised "low price guarantees" and vague and ambiguous terms and conditions when booking a package. I booked a vacation package with them and 2 days later the identical package came up on their website for almost $1500 LESS than what I paid! When I contacted their customer service department, I received at least three different stories as to why I could not either (a) get a refund for the difference between the two packages or (b) cancel my original package and rebook at the lower price. And when they transferred me to their second tier customer service, I was told that none of their "guarantees" or cancellation policies apply to their vacation packages. There has got to be a class action lawsuit here...

• Be
      29th of Dec, 2009
    Orbitz - Bad service
    Orbitz

Booked a reservation for my son in Oct. for a nonstop from Milwaukee to Orlando for Dec.24. When my son got to the airport, he was told he was on a one stop flight connecting in Atlanta. Orbitz made no notification to me even though they had my email, and two phone contacts.

My son's flight was delayed, and missed the connecting flight. He is still not home as I am writing this, on Christmas Eve and 10:30.

I called Orbitz and they asked endless "security" questions. Finally, they told me they had e mailed me on Nov. 3. I have every e mail from them trying to sell me flights and vacations, but there has never been any notification of itinerary change. I will NEVER use them again.

• Di
      10th of Mar, 2010
    Orbitz - Classic scam

I made a hotel reservation on the Orbitz web site. It was a non-refundable rate. But after I completed the reservation, the confirmation message indicated that I had made a reservation at a different hotel!

So I called Orbitz, and they called the hotel for permission to cancel the reservation--or said they did--but the only person at the hotel who could authorize that was on vacation for a couple of weeks!

So I called the hotel company myself, and they said that Orbitz had the reservation 'locked'--whatever that is--and they couldn't help me either.

It's somewhat amazing to me that there are only two companies involved in this transaction, and between them they are completely helpless.

I feel like a rube who got hustled out the back door at the carnival.

I've called the credit card company, and they at least are making noises like they are going to help me. We shall see.

• Te
      4th of Apr, 2010
    Orbitz - compulsory travle insurance
    Access America

Orbitz apparently ALWAYS charges for trip insurance for international flights.

They claimed there was a way to opt-out, but I never saw it.

It took me over 30 minutes on the phone to get the charges reversed---BUT of course I won't get my money back "until the next billing cycle".

Many people will never realize they were charged and those that do will have to spend a great deal of time to get their money back.

This is a scam to enable Orbitz and Access America to make money from people who have NO intention of buying trip insurance --because they hold our money for up to 30 days before refunding it.

5th of Apr, 2010

Hello,

I am with Orbitz Customer Relations and would like the opportuntity to assist with your comaplint. Please forward em your Orbitz Record Locator.

5th of Apr, 2010

Hello,

I want to apologize for the typographical errors in the previous response and would appreciate the opportunity to assist with your complaint. I look forward to receiving your Orbitz Record Locator.

5th of Jul, 2010
    Orbitz - Beware
    Orbitz

I bought a vacation package from them that listed the airport I was leaving from as being in San Diego, CA. Not knowing San Diego, I assumed the information was correct. The airport was actually 50 miles north of San Diego, but there was nothing in the web site reservation information that indicated this fact. I could have chosen a closer airport for the same price that left a little later, but didn't because I thought the flight I chose would work. I now have to pay an extra $100 to get to the airport or rebook my flight.

• Me
      27th of Jul, 2010
    Orbitz - They wont pay us the money they promised
    orbitz.com

We bought an all inclusive trip to cancun through orbitz for decemeber 2017. Upon reaching cancun, the hotel demanded additional $1440. We called Orbitz and a representative spoke to me and then to hotel and then back to me and told me to pay the amount and that Orbitz will refund it.

Upon coming back to Detroit, we sent the amex bill to Orbitz. Dint hear anything. Called back in April and a lady Tony said she will pay the money back and asked me to fax the amex bill . We blacked out a line (a different one) previously on the bill, but faxed it anyway. They kept us waiting and waiting. Then asked us to fax a complete bill. We did so, two weeks back.

Now they tell us that hotel is refusing to communicate with them so, they wont pay us the money they promissed.

• Ra
      2nd of Aug, 2010
    Orbitz - Failed to refund airline ticket after 16 weeks
    Orbitz

I originally purchased a ticket through Orbitz in February. The flight was subsequently cancelled due to the BA strikes (23rd of March). I was originally told a refund would take 6 to 8 weeks. It has now been over 17.

I have spent at least an hour every week since then trying to get someone from the Orbitz call centre to either pass me to someone who can help or offer more clarity as to what the issues are. These calls have involved about 10 different people, all recycling the same messages and no-one actually making any progress.

The responses to date, both by phone and by email, have been hugely disappointing, and I am rightly very irritated at the lack of action taken by their agents or their ability to put me in touch with anyone who can actually help the situation.

Can anyone provide a contact or help in how I may take this forward as I feel I keep on hitting a brick wall.

• Lh
      24th of Dec, 2010
    Orbitz - no seats
    Pennsylvania

I booked flights for myself, my daughter and my niece to Mexico in October.

At that time, the return flight was 1/2 empty, with plenty of seats. I chose my seats.

When I logged back in to check my flight, my seats were missing, I requested them again.

This happened at least 6 times, so I contacted Orbitz.

I was told there was nothing that they could do because it was a codeshare flight.

I continued to try to get my seats, while watching the flight fill up. Others were clearly able to get confirmed seats. Why wasn't I?

Now, there are no seats open on the flight and I may be stuck in Mexico as the flight is on a holiday (January 1).

If we do not return home that night, my niece will miss her flight to return home and I will be on the hook for an additional ticket!

Not to mention, the children will now most likely be seated next to strangers if we actually get on the flight.

• Ci
      24th of Jan, 2011
    Orbitz - $910 gone
    Orbitz

In 11/9 I booked a business trip through ORBITZ I did not end up needing to take. In 7/9 I tried to use the credit but was told it had to be same itinerary. That was about a 30min frustrating conversation. In 12/10 I tried to use credit again but after navigating voicemail and being on hold for 18 min I was disconnected. I tried again 1/11 and was told my money was gone. Over a year, no credit, no tickets too bad. How can they just take my $910 with no compensation? I strongly advise not using ORBITZ or only using them to check prices then book through the airline. At least if your plans change you'll still have something.

• Li
      25th of Jan, 2011

Tired of unauthorized charges from your debit account? I have the knowledge and experience needed to get your money.

Please email me at [protected]@att.net for additional information or go to the website above

25th of Jan, 2011

Hi,

My name is Shalon with Orbitz Customer Relations. I saw your post, and would like to see if I can assist. Can you please email to me your Orbitz Record Locator, and I will review and respond to you. Our email address in [protected]@Orbitz.com. Also, please include the blog in which you posted on, along with your screenname, and put attention to Shalon in the subject line of the email.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Shalon

• Do
      29th of Apr, 2011
    Orbitz - Low Price Assurance
    Orbitz

Orbitz's low price assurance is not a good value. Airlines typically have their own low price assurance guarantee. It works 100% of the time. Orbitz's guarantee only works when "another Orbitz customer" books a lower price for the same itinerary. The chances of that is close to zero. Orbitz's price assurance has little real value.

I tried to negotiate a Orbitz voucher but they were very firm about the deceit they promote. Expedia is much more customer friendly.

Next time I will book through the airlines directly. Check to see if the airlines have a low price guarantee.

• Do
      5th of May, 2011

Orbitz's customer relations responded to my complaint about deception in advertising their low price assurance program. Although their low price assurance only applies when another Orbitz customer books the same reservation for less (which is not likely), the airline's low fare assurance is no more likely (since the low fare must be from either the same day booking or a large service charge is added to any reservation changes for a later lower fare). I appreciate Orbitz's follow-up to my complaint.

• Wh
      20th of Sep, 2011
    Orbitz - Vacation package and rental car
    Massachusetts

Beware of reserving through Orbitz as they will not stand behind their representation of their services. We had problem with both hotel and rental car. What they advertised and what we actually paid were very different. When we called Orbitz they said we had to negotiate with the Hotel and Car rental company. Also Hotel and rental car company refused to honor the prices Orbitz had told us. Our vacation ended up costing $400 more than what we had budgeted and paid for through Orbitz. We felt like bate and switch, a lot of information was conviently left out and we were not given the infomation ahead of time. We booked for 3 people but they booked us in one room that could only fit two people and an roll away bed would not fit the room and we had no choice but rent the only avialble room the Hotel had at the time. We found our selves in a position to defend for ourselves with no where else to turn. Also there was several hidden costs that Orbitz basically said they did not have to tell us in advance because they had stated that cost is only estimated. It appeared Orbitz customer service had a response for everything. For car rental they never told us that the car rental will require $500 deposit or provide an accurate representation of the taxes and fees. I recommend checking with the hotel and car rental and book with them directly rather booking through Orbitz. We feel Orbitz conducted deceptive advertising and luring us to buy throught Orbitz. We spent three hours to sort out our hotel room and over 8 hours over the phone to sort this out coming to find out that their customer relation is not even in United States! No wonder they could not understand why three people can not fit on two beds!

21st of Sep, 2011

Hi,

My name is Shalon with the Orbitz Customer Relations Team in Chicago. I saw your post and would like to assist. Can you please email to me your Orbitz Record Locator, and I will review and respond to you. Our email address is [protected]@Orbitz.com. Please put attention to me in the subject line; also, include your screen-name and the website you posted on.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Shalon

• Du
      4th of Oct, 2011
    Orbitz - False and misleading advertising.
    Michigan

Orbitz prominently promotes their "Price Assurance Guarantee". No mention of any MAJOR exclusion appears in their promoting of this. When you check the very fine print, after several clicks into Customer Service, you find that it applies only to individual bookings and that any and all PACKAGE DEALS are EXCLUDED. Since I assume that such packages are among the major business that Orbitz conducts, they apparently feel free to sucker people in and dump on them when they try to invoke the guarantee. They skate and you're left stuck with their higher rate "package". Check it yourselves. Never again, Orbitz.

• Ri
      2nd of Dec, 2011

Orbitz is a fraud. I am sad when I realized how poorly Orbitz treats American consumers. Orbitz has no accountability to their customers.

10th of Jan, 2012

Dont book any travel with Orbitz. I booked a $225 dollar a night holiday hotel in Israel, and arrived on Christmas morning with my family and found that the hotel DIDNT EXIST. Orbitz response...not our problem... This is how they stand behind their services. they have no guarantee and will not back their reservations.

16th of Jan, 2012

Hi Nolney,

My name is Lynne, and I am part of the Orbitz Customer Relations Team. We want to learn more about your experience so that we can address the issue. Please email us at [protected]@orbitz.com and enter my name in the subject line, so that I can investigate further.

Thank you for your patience, and I look forward to hearing back from you.

Lynne