Orbitz — hotel stay in point pleasant, nj
I am not a complainer, and would most certainly like to give compliments vs complaints. However, I booked The Driftwood Hotel (ON THE BEACH) as a gift for my daughters. As recently divorced, I wanted to make a special time for them.
Day before leaving, i recieved a phone call from Sam, the owner of the driftwood, stating thrh were overbooked and we had to be moved to another location, NOT ON THE BEACH, and we had to drive daily to driftwood for beach passes each and every day. Which was incredibly inconvenient to load the car each and everyday with myself and 5 children. It was a major error as that the driftwood never notified of a reservation and it was truly all a nightmare. I will never ever book through Orbitz again . What a huge dissapontment. Especially to find out less than 24 hrs before arriving and needing to scramble to find another hotel, as this was a gift, and I wanted my children to goto the driftwood as that is where I went every year as a child.
Orbitz is off the list for ever using again.
More Orbitz Complaints & Reviews
- Orbitz - Horrifying service, dishonesty, scams 
- Orbitz - Price Assurance scam 
- Orbitz - Orbitz access America insurance scam 
- Orbitz - annoying promo Emails 
- Orbitz - Credit card charged, no hotel room booked! 
- Orbitz - car rental 
- Orbitz - orbitz was prepaid and when I arrived at the hilton my prepaid room w/ upgrade was not available
- Orbitz - flight change - orbitz itinerary number:7362683081906
- Orbitz - changing my flight
- Orbitz.com - Scam