Orbitz / Customer service

US Review updated:

We bought flights, hotel reservation and rental car for a trip to San Francisco for three. The flight went well, both ways, the car rental was fine, but when we arrived at the hotel (Ramada SF-Airport, San Mateo), they claimed not to have received the registration and tried to move us to a location much further away from SF. We ended up for hours on the phone with Orbitz and all they offered to help was to get another hotel with us paying the difference that was much higher than what we had seen earlier on their site. The Ramada did not want to refund us despite the fact that they didn't seem to have our reservation. We found another hotel ourselves for a night (that one was decent, but didn't have a room for our entire stay).
Since up to that point the Ramada still refused to refund us and then had a room and we stayed for 2 nights, because we couldn't find anything else. It was filthy, the bedsheets didn't seem to have been washed properly, several of the towels were stained with large yellow and red (blood ?) marks spots, others were gray.

After several additional phone discussions with Orbitz they seemed to have managed to have Ramada agree to refund us and we moved out.

The refund we received this week covered the nights we didn't stay at the Ramada, but only after seriously pushing they agreed to compensate the extra $25+ we had to pay extra for the first night - pathetic.

Our vacation mood was spoiled and the first day was completely wasted trying to clarify the situation and find another hotel.

Be warned and stay away from Orbitz, they don't help you if things go wrong. Aside from that they pocket an extra 20% or more for the booking, just book the hotel yourself. Stay away from Ramada as well, really poor hotel choice.

Comments

• Ne
      Aug 14, 2009

Correction - the hotel was the Ramada in San Bruno, not San Mateo.

• Ev
      Aug 23, 2017

I have a complaint and I don't know how to send it to orbitz .com. I booked with orbitz on their best deal of the day. It was not until I received the details(after I paid) that there was an extra 39 dollars a day by the hotel. Ceasors palace in Las Vegas. I would not have booked if I had known there was an extra 39 dollars a day for stuff I would not use . they should tell you about it before you book

Evelyn Timmins [protected]@ymail .com