Orbitz / Air reservations problem
In July, I ordered airfare tickets for Guangzhou, China via LA from Orbitz.com. The departure date was Sept 21. On Sept, 19th I received an email from Orbitz talking about my upcoming trip. When I noticed that the exact times for the first leg of my flight had changed, I checked and verified that the times for the overseas leg had not changed. However, I did not notice that the DATE had changed and I did not find this out until I got to the airport to check in for the first leg of my flight. In a 3 way conversation between Orbitz and the airline that had made the change, China Southern, I found out that China Southern had canceled their flights on the day for which my orignal reservation had been made and had pushed back my departure date by an entire day. However, since they did not have my contact information, all they could do was notify Orbitz.
My complaint is that nowhere in the email that Orbitz had sent me did they specifically advise me that the date had changed. The email offered all sorts of useless tips in large fonts, but my actual flight info was buried in the email in a small font and like I said, there was no indication in any way that anything had been changed. I needed to arrive on the original date, but Orbitz refused to to re-book me on another airline at their expense. Fortunately, China Southern eventually offered to re-book me. All I can say about Orbitz is BUYER BEWARE!!!
More Orbitz Complaints & Reviews
- Orbitz - Horrifying service, dishonesty, scams 
- Orbitz - Price Assurance scam 
- Orbitz - Orbitz access America insurance scam 
- Orbitz - Credit card charged, no hotel room booked! 
- Orbitz - annoying promo Emails 
- Orbitz - flight from london to pdx
- Orbitz - flight change - orbitz itinerary number:7362683081906
- Orbitz - refused a refund for their mistake
- Orbitz - defected car
- Orbitz - customer service / flight bookings