Optimum / customer service

1 New York, NY, United States Review updated:

After what I just went through I don't imagine this Falling on anything but deaf ears is but I might as well give it a shot. A month or so ago I received a new modem from optimum. I hesitated installing it because the service was already reliable. After a speaking to an optimum rep assuring me the new modem was meant to speed up our internet service d have it work better with the optimum network overall. So I installed the new modem a few weeks ago. Then my internet service stopped working. I called to have a tech come by and asked if I was going to be charged for the visit. They assured me I would only be charged if the fault was my own. The tech showed up, identified the problem being the splitter from the original installation (from over a decade ago). He removed the broken splitter and replaced it with a new one.

Today I called customer service and was told that I would be charged $80 for the service charge and they're is nothing I can do about it.

The fault lied with a cable splitter inside the house that optimum installed originally which was completely cut out after installing a new modem that optimum sent me.

And as for my signing of the work at the end, it was presented as aknoledgment of the work. There was no option to agree or disgreee to any charges, just a open area for a signature.

Now I've been a customer since optimum offers internet services regardless of better service being offers at better prices from other competitors.

I feel completely betrayed by the company and staff for putting themselves in a potisiton where "they can't do anything about it".

This needs to be remedied.

Andrewengram@gmail.com

An
Jul 9, 2018

Comments

• Tc
      14th of Jul, 2018

The damage of the box is not our own fault. It is about the box providing to the all building.

• Mi
      20th of Jul, 2018

The problem is that they are a pack of liars