Onida / Bad service, worse product!

1 India Review updated:

I bought a 1-ton onida ac in april 2007. I had gone to buy samsung, but dealer told lot of goodies about onida and we bought onida which was costlier.
Nightmare: Our first shock came when we found that remote control does not have many important functionalities and we have to climb up to access the controls provided only in the ac panel.

We called service center to be told that you should have installed it at a location where it was easily accessible. And anyways, once or twice a day you can climb. Then, we found that there is no attachment through which we can take out the water from ac as it was directly falling on ground. We again complained and got a reply that 1 ton ac does not have that provision, and it is your problem to think of some ac tray etc. We asked them that we will pay for it, but they said that onida does not provide ac trays or such attachments.
Third, we found that control given on the ac monitor have stopped working, and since remote does not have controls, we are stuck. To our despair, we found that the phone numbers provided to us by dealers have been cut now.

Is there any consumer forum where we can fight case against onida?

Advises smb!

Comments

Sa
  7th of Apr, 2008

Give your feedback to http://www.truthatonida.com/beta/customercare/CRCFeedback.asp.

You can also contact customer relation centres which you can find from http://www.truthatonida.com/beta/customercare/relationcenters.asp

25th of May, 2010

really a trually sorrow giving company the name is onida whose dealers are liars who give false promises but do not have proper aftersale service facilities .

25th of May, 2010

I bought 1 ton onida ac model W112YR on 4-5-2010 from Khurana Electronics Moga on the pursuance of the dealer that it would give perfect cooling to the 10ft.wide and 12 ft. long room. I have to install it by my own, when the dealer said that they have no arrangement to install it, despite the fact that in the booklet it is written clearly that it should be installed by the dealer... But now the ac is not giving proper cooling and it does not cool the room and it is consuming 1.75 units per hour.
when i complained to the dealer about it he sent mechanic who said that ac is fitted correctly and ac is alright but our room is not suitable for installing ac. Now whose fault it is ? I think it is the dealer's fault who without checking the location sent the ac to our home and moreover did not install it by his own technicians.

Sa
  5th of May, 2011

I purchased an Onida Microwave oven (PC-23) on 4-Feb-2011 from NEXT outlet at Ernakulam. The same failed on 20-Feb-2011. I registered a complaint regarding the same. (Complaint number is 11021716380828. date: 21-Feb-2011). A technician from Adonis came and said that the issue may be due to low supply voltage and he left. I noticed that the explanation is not true as my oven stops functioning even at 208V supply. I again raised a complaint (Complaint number 11031716380253. date 06- Mar-2011). This time another technician came after two weeks and replaced the magnetron. This did not solve the issue. My oven continued to fail even after that. So I registered another complaint (Complaint number 11048156380288. Date: 11-March-2011). This time the technician identified that the problem is related with the transformer and the same should be replaced. two weeks later they replaced the transformer but the problem was still there. When I informed them, They have taken the oven to service center and haven't returned the same. When I called the service co-ordinator to know the status, he said the same will be repaired and bring back in 2 days. But they haven't brought back the same. I called them many times after that, but they do not even pick-up the call.

Within the two months from purchase I had to raise three complaints and the service I received was the worst. I am totally dis-satisfied with the product too

Sarath kumar
Mob.09995436138

12th of May, 2011

aftersale service of onida dealers is zero, they are only confined to sell the products and leave the buyers to suffer for their sin of buying onida products.