Office Max / their replacement warranty is a ripoff

We purchased an office max warranty with our Kodak camera, we were informed we could return it if anything was wrong with it for a new camera. 2 months after using the camera, the features were not working properly. After visiting the store, we were told, sorry! You need to deal with Kodak and here is their address! We were told to send the camera through the mail and Kodak would possibly repair the camera and return it. We purchased the warranty from office max!!! Any parent knows you do not go months without a camera, this is why we purchased the warranty!!! Their replacement warranty is a ripoff!!!

Va

Comments

• Je
      12th of Jun, 2008

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHY I GOT CLUB POGO .and had to pay 4 times for it 3 times on cidit card. and one by certified chq that was send back to me cashed 03 05 08 six months after i payed for by master card please tell me why thankyou jeanmoyer.

• Le
      17th of Jul, 2008

All replacement guarantees begin AFTER the manufacturer's warranty, that is true across the board at ANY retail channel. During the first year you must get service through the manufacturer.

You are misplacing blame. That is why there are always "Terms and Conditions" available BEFORE and after you purchase any service coverage.

If a customer believes everything they are told, I have a brand new Ford Truck that has a 20 year warranty bumper to bumper, and includes free gas for life. READ THE FINE PRINT! Don't assume that you are being told anything that is the complete story. OfficeMax associates are coached to tell you what you want to hear, much like Best Buy.

• Tm
      29th of Jul, 2008

I had a similar problem with Office Max. After 59 days, my new HP laptop crashed. Try understanding tech support for HP. Office Max wouldn't help me, and my extended warranty doesn't start until HP's first year warranty is over.

Needless to say, I'll never purchase another thing from Office Max. Thanks guys, for NOTHING!

• Lu
      7th of Oct, 2008

It's been, in my experience, that the extended warranties I purchase through the retailer has been that the retailer exchanges the product even well before the expiration of the manufacturer's warranty.

• Ea
      24th of Aug, 2009

As was most likely explained to you, and listed in the brochure, the Extended Warranty becomes effective AFTER the manufacturers warranty expires. If the manufacturer provides a one year warranty, then you logically deal with the manufacture if there are any problerms. One that has expired, you have the piece of mind knowing that your item is covered under the extended warranty. If you purchase a Kodak camera with one year warranty from Kodak, then Kodak is responsible for fixing any problems with that camera for the entire one year. Then, if you purchase the extended warranty, one the Kodak warranty has expired the extended warranty coverts you. If you didn't purchase the extended warranty on the camera and after one year it malfunctions, you are stuck and can just use it for a paper weight or throw it out.

• Lu
      27th of Aug, 2009

ok here is the thing about officemax warranty's. they have improved. they go through a company called NEW. and the are a very good company. i bought an olympus FE-20 camera and bought the warranty for it. and the lens broke a couple months later. and yes you DO have to call the manufacturer FIRST!!! BUT if they cant fix it officemax will give you the same camera you had as a replacement and not charge you. thats what happenedto me. olmpus couldnt take it back so officemax gave me a new one. no waiting for a camera to be shipped to you. or anything like that. and i dont recommend kodak for future reference. o;ympus and cannon are usually better quality. the only reason why my olymus broke is because my brother dropped it. which officemax's warranty covers accidental damage. normal wear and tear. enviormental damage. mechanical and electrical damage. only thing it doesnt over is being lost or stolen. the manufacturer will NOT cover any of the above. they ONLY cover manufacturer defects, like puttin the camera together wrong or missing parts.thats it. any questions or concers ask and ill try my best to answer them. i know alot about the warranty and officemax's policy's and such