Office Depot / online scam

United States, Texas, Houston
Office Depot
Buyer beware of any on-line purchase with Office Depot. I thought O.D. was a reputable company. I had ordered some merchandise on-line from their clearance center; first time ordering from them. I was very disappointed in the quality of most of the merchandise. Merchandise was grossly inferior. Some items, i.e. small luggage carry-on bag fell apart as I removed it from the box. Ordered two bluetooth headsets which didn't work.

There was some other stuff but it was all bad news. I made arrangements for pick up. An O.D. employee/driver came a day earlier than expected to pick up the boxes. I told him I need to separate some of the items in different boxes. He was in a hurry, said it's all going to the local warehouse anyway and insisted I put it all in one box. All return paperwork was included with the returned items so I didn't foresee a problem.

As it turned out, O.D. didn't give me credit for some of the items I returned. I called my CC company, who put it in dispute. When I first called O.D. about the return and not getting all my credits, I got a person on the phone whom I could barely communicate with. When I asked to speak to her supervisor she claimed she was the 'only one here, no supervisor, ' which was a bold faced lie. When I called back again, and being on hold for 55 minutes, I got a supervisor who said they would credit my account based on what happened with their driver.

Today I just got a reversal on my dispute from my CC company, they are siding with O.D. They claim I didn't return the merchandise. I just can't prove it was all in the same box, even tough the paperwork was in there. Very disappointed with my dealings with Office Depot, their inferior on-line merchandise, their poor customer service, and now I'm out some cash. I will never do business with them again.

Office Depot Logo Office Depot