Ocwen Loan Servicing, LLC / billing errors

1 San Diego, CA, United States

If your mortgage has been recently sold to ocwen loan servicing, llc, I suggest you take a close look at your billing statement. My first billing statement indicated nothing was applied to the mortgage principal and that my interest rate had increased by 1.89%. During my first phone call I was told their data base was incorrect at the time of billing; the correct information was given to me verbally; and their web site showed all the correct data.

I checked the web site, and the information was still wrong! During the second phone call I was told that the billing information was incorrect because they are still imputing updated information into their systems; the correct information was given to me verbally; and I was told that the web site would not show the correct information for up to two weeks. I'll check back in two weeks, but I have a strange feeling that the information will still be incorrect.

I'll wager that there are thousands of people that never check their billing statements, and accept all information as being correct. This could be a huge scam by a company that appears to have a very poor reputation.

What government agency has jurisdiction over this type of mortgage company?