NorthStyle / Vip membership "club"

1 P. O. Box 6529Chelmsford, MA, United States Review updated:

Watch out for North Style's VIP membership offer. Its a scam. I never experienced any benefit from it and I didn't catch that they were charging my account $14.95 MONTHLY [protected]) until I happened to be online when it came through. Its very difficult to cancel this so-called VIP Club membership. Its necessary to call [protected] to cancel.

Re
Jan 13, 2016

Comments

• Ba
      30th of Jan, 2016
    Best Best Advice +4 Votes

Yes, "V I P" is a scam! They started charging me after I placed an order with them for it. A mysterious charge of $14.95 started showing up on CC bill two months in a row. I did NOT know anything about it. I called (855)-888-8292 and asked them to remove these charges and remove my name from their catalog list. VERY deceptive indeed!

• Da
      29th of Nov, 2016

Same story. While I enjoy Northstyle clothing, I did not ask to join a VIP club and certainly not for $14.95 a month (with no obvious benefits). I called the 855-888-8292 number and was almost immediately connected to an operator. He agreed to take me off the list - no questions, no wondering why - effective immediately. I asked if I could be refunded the charges since I never asked to be part of the club. Again, no trying to talk me out of it. Just silence then "your membership has been discontinued and the last three months of charges refunded. I would be thrilled except for the fact I never asked to be part of this and it was extra work for me to "unjoin".

• Ml
      1st of Jan, 2018

I am posting because I noticed the date on the previous comments. It is now a year later, and I just got charged the 14.95. I never signed up for VIP. I went to back the Northstyle website after I noticed the charge added to my account. There is NO information about a VIP service...therefore you can not even check to see what it is or what you get for the 14.95. I believe this to be illegal. I would not purchase from this company. If they fraudulently sign you up for re-ocurring charges...what else will they do? You need to be able to trust your vendor with your privacy and information. I do not trust Norhstyle. It has been a full year that they have been using this practice. From the other posts, they have been told. It is not a mistake...they mean to rip you off.

• Cb
      14th of May, 2018

Wow, reading the previous entries outlines my experience exactly. I DID NOT enroll in the VIP program but was sent a postcard saying that I needed to claim my reward through a rebate request. I was surprised because I knew that I had not enrolled in such a program and called the 855-888-8292 number. The customer service representative said that I was enrolled even though I distinctly remember reading through the "benefits" and quickly clicked out of that window so that I would not enroll. I stated my concern and was taken out of the VIP program. I will not ever order anything from North Style or any of its sister corporations again. There are plenty of providers with similar products at similar or lower prices that do not charge for shipping or return shipping AND do not ask you pay a "membership" fee so that shipping will be "free". What a bogus business practice and most certainly a scam.

• Ka
      23rd of May, 2018

My newest resolution-Be more diligent of banking statements! For 25 months, I was billed by North Style VIP!
    Now awaiting refund to show on bank account. Total=$375!
    It is my mother’s account, and I had been thinking the charge was an automatic bill pay.
    They said I had provided my email address, when making a purchase in 2016, thus becoming a member
    of their VIP Club. I threatened fraud charges and they immediately agreed to refund 25 months of charges!
    They will never get another order from me.

• Di
      26th of Nov, 2018

I ordered a gift online. The next couple of months I started receiving $14.95 charges on my account. I had no reason to sign up for the VIP Club. Am very disappointed that this company which has good clothing would do this to their customers.