Nokia N'series Promotional / please authentification this letter.

India Review updated:
4.15
From the desk of the manager
Nokia n'series promotion
Trans-atlantic s. A london,
United kingdom

We are delighted to inform you of your prize release on the 5th january, 2008 from the nokia 'n'series end of year program. Your e-mail was attached to ticket number [protected], serial number 6028808. This batch draws the lucky numbers as follows [protected] bonus number 20, which consequently won the lottery in the first category.

You hereby have been approved a lump sum of gbp & pound;1,000,000.00 (One million great british pounds) in cash credit file ref nkn/uk 110241/01from the total cash prize of gbp & pound;50,000,000.00 (One million great british pounds) shared amongst 50 (Fifty) lucky winners in this category. All participant were selected through a sorting and filtering program designed by nokia technical service department from 50,000,000 (Fifty million) e-mail addresses from the web in a bid to promote reliance on the telecommunication industry as a global and convenient means of communication. This is part of our international promotions program which is conducted yearly to promote the use of mobile phones with the world as a global village. Nokia collects all the e mail I d of the people that subscribes to yahoomail, msn, hotmail, aol, altavista, and others online, among the billions that subscribe to us only fifty people will be merge for winnings. We only select fifty people every month as our win ners t hrough electronic balloting system without the winner applying, we are congratulating you for having been one of the lucky people that won for this last month. Your lucky winning number falls within our european booklet representative office in europe as indicated in your play coupon.In view of this, your gbp & pound;1,000,000.00 (One million great british pounds) will be released to you by any of our payment offices in europe.

To claim your & pound;1,000,000.00 prize contact our claims processing lottery agent below:

Mr james keegan.
Foreign services manager, payment and release order
Department, claims processing lottery agent.
Trans-atlantic s. A london, united kingdom
Email: jamesthenokiaclaimsofficer@yahoo.Co. Uk
Phone +[protected]

Note that all claims process must be duly completed early to avoid impersonation or double claim. Also to avoid
Unnecessary delays and complications, please quote your reference/ticket numbers in any correspondences with our
Designated agent.
Warning: fraudulent emails are circulating that appears to be using yahoo international lotteryaddresses, but are not
From us. If you receive similar email that is not from us, kindly disregard/discard it immediately. Do not reply any
Such email but genuine email from us via this email address. Our security pages that will give you more information about current scams and what measures you can take to protect yourself.

Regards,
Dr mrs. Darryn clarke

Comments

Di
  12th of Jan, 2008
I did reply to the e-mail and gave them my physical address. I didn't give any bank details though. I wasn't sure if it was a scam or not and now it appears that it is one.What do I do now? Do I need to worry about my safety now that I gave them my address and my mother's address (as my beneficary!)
En
  14th of Jan, 2008
Hi, I ve recived the same e-mail as Mr Dineo Maodi, so do I need to worry for my ssafety, it looks impossible.
Ab
I did reply to the e-mail but i dont know what will happen after that
Va
  20th of Jan, 2008
I too have recieved a mail from the e-mail ID 'freeuklotto@comcast.net'. I havn't replied. But i ran a search in Google with the caption and I found this site over there.
Hu
  20th of Jan, 2008
I received that e-mail in a little bit different form the day before yesterday and i read it just few minutes ago. I didnt reply, because I knew already that the e-mail was bullsh*t.

Anyway, i dont know what happens to them who gave their contact information. I bet nothing happens.
Re
  23rd of Jan, 2008
I received the same kind of mail and replied to it too. But did not give any details. Does it affect my safety by any way?
Ni
  24th of Jan, 2008
I received the same mail... i even called the no. That was displayed in the mail... the person asnwered and congratulated me... however i didnt giv any personal details... so i hope i wont have any problems?
Da
  1st of Feb, 2008
I received the email and sent my deails, there is nothing on it saying there is a catch and its not asked for major details, the number to call is premium rate but does congratulate, i hope it is real, could really do with the money
Ka
  3rd of Feb, 2008
I received this email and thought I would do a search for the company and found this. Obviously a scam, I did not reply.
A company genuinely giving away that much money, would have a much more professionally laid out email and an internet address.
We could all use the money but unfortunately to win money you usually have to actually enter a competition to win money. I didn't enter anything!
Wa
  8th of Feb, 2008
I get that email. after I claim, the order me to pay to delivery officer to send that check. I must pay 550 Pounst. They do not take charge from my winner money. But they want my money, they will send the winning money to my bank if they have gotten my payment. So don't beliave with this promotion.
Mo
  14th of Feb, 2008
I too have got the same mail on 11 feb and I have response to
the mail with my personal details Do I need to worry for the safety?
They had given me the form to fill all the details and the option to claim prize amount, they have also given me the parcel courier company name parcelflight in UK and I talked to the person and he too given me call in my mobile and told me to transfer the amount in his agent mohmmad sheikh account and then he will deliver the cheque within 72 hours. I had given him all the information.
IS ANYTHING TO WORRY FOR ME?
Ab
  19th of Feb, 2008
I did reply to the e-mail but i dont know what will happen after that
How do I know that this award was the fact or is it a sham
Pa
  20th of Feb, 2008
I have also got that mail two days ago. I have given personal data since I filled the form. The deal is that I obtain the money as long as I send the delivering fee in advance (440 GBP). If this is a complete fraud, it is certainly well done. The logos appear to be original, they are willing to send a certificate of guarantee before getting the delivering fee......????????????
Mo
  21st of Feb, 2008
Can anybody reply me are these mails real or fake? Nokia board of directors can they reply me? Please reply me.
Pe
  23rd of Mar, 2008
I sent them a reply stating that they've won a million pounds and asked them to send me their credit card info so i can transfer the money to them.
Fa
  6th of May, 2008
i just wanna now that its fake or not, may me it reflects illegaly my secruty.
Kn
  28th of May, 2008
yes, I received 'you have won' notice with the same ticket and serial numbers etc. I am pleasaed I looked this up to find it is a scam.

k
So
  10th of Jun, 2008
I got the same e-mail. I live in Denmark.
As long as you do not give "the company" your credit card information, you need not worry about the balance in your bank account.

In regards to home adresses for yourself and your next of kin this should not pose a threat to anyone's security, as that information is not secret. Mind you that anyone can look up anyone else's adress for whatever purpose.

I consider telling Nokia about this, as their brand name is being mis-used as a means of credibility, ie to make us believe that we've a millon quid because Nokia say so.

That is clearly a violation of the good name of Nokia.
Au
  11th of Jul, 2008
I gave my name, address. What I have to do now? I didn't gave them my bank account. They sent me sertificate and cheque copy with my name. Please answer me what I have to do?
Mi
  15th of Jul, 2008
I also got this email and it is very much a scam, as if it was from a ligitamate company the email wouldnt be sent from a msn gmail yahoo addy etc, it would be sent from the official company nokia, and as I hadnt entered any competition I know its a scam, dont part with your money to them as you will lose your money and no winning cheque will land on your doormat BE WARNED BIG HUGE SCAM!!

Nokia Logo Nokia