Nokia Mobile Phone / nokia mobile promo, true or joke

1 Mauritius Review updated:

I received an sms that I won 100,000 pounds, last december 2007, with nokia, the sender and gave me a phone number to call, an email add to write for further info needed.

I did all the necessary procedures adn now they r asking me to send around 500 pounds to deliver my cheque by fedex, dhl or us post.

Is it true or a joke or a scam

Is really dhl so expensive in uk for sending a cheque?

Happy new year

Comments

Mu
  10th of Jan, 2008

Well I also received the same sms... and I think its a mobile phone scam.

I was about to send them email but before that I thought to search over internet regarding such things... I mean if is there any promotions by nokia..but I couldn't find any domain of nokia with "uk2.net", instead I found this complaint.

And I now believe that its a sms scam.

Ma
  13th of Jul, 2008

i recievd masege frm nokia3010se it say cogragulations your mobile nouber has won @170, 000.oo euro in the on going nokia mobile promo for calim call+34-64-062-244 or email:nokia3014@yahoo.com

i contat them @email and send me maseg to send 360euro 2 dhl courier isend that to person name :roland bekky to madrid then they send masege in the airport the spanish authorities stop dhl even i paid tax 726 euro to allow to dhl leave i send transfer 726euro to the sme person (roland bekky) then he called me and say he boking in u.k airline he wil leave 2 london on 11july 2008 then 2days later leve from londn 2 my country on 13july 2008 he calld me from the numer +442032390000 and say 2 me iam in london on13july day of depart from londn he calld me from number +442032390000 and tell me chike ur email i have aproplem wiyh british customs when iread amesge from him in my email he told me the british custom will charg the dhl and thy want 1700euro to allowe to him to eave on this moment i discoverd he is alier man pls tell me what i will do to bake my moey from him

Ro
  21st of Jul, 2008

Nokia as a company sucks. I bought a Nokia 6600 off EBAYm damaged, and unworking. Since I have another Nokia 6600 then then this phone came with case, chargers, 2 batteries, and needs reapir. I called Nokia and got the worst BS from any C/S I have had to date, maybe ATT worse!

I could not get the address of NOKIA repairs. WHY_ the phone I do not have now in my possession. SO, these NAZI freaks at NOKIA, want the phone cell number, serical number, and other details.
First the phone does not have a cell n umber.
Second, I can not give them a serial as I do not have the phone here.

So now we ask, what is wrong with Nokia?

I contacted Laurie Armstrong, the press relations person for Nokia North America. As we talked I was typing a BBB Nokia complaint...

If you have problems call Laurie, phone: 914-368-0423..

Appears, Nokia leaves much to be desired, and thier Policy sucks.
This company is not consumer friendly.

Ron

Sc
  21st of Nov, 2008

Guys,
If you receive any sort correspondence saying you have won prizes etc.. Treat it as suspicious.
If it sounds too good to be true, then it probably is.
NEVER divulge your account numbers or personal data.
NEVER send money, if you have sent money then its probably lost for .

Be
  20th of Mar, 2009

I receive the same e-mail and sms yesterday!! Its ###.. be careful.. Nokia you have to work on it..