Nokia 5200 / problem with nokia 5200

India Review updated:
I have purchased a nokia 5200 mobile phone on february 11, 2007. On 31.03.2007 suddenly there was no sound with the loud speakers. On 01.03.2007 I went to the nearby nokia care at velachery and they confirmed that it was speakers that got open and since they did not have the parts, I was asked to go to mount road for repair (Nokia care).

The next day (I have to take leave on that day) I went to the other service centre and was shocked to see that nearly 9 to 10 customers were there having the same phone with same problem. Just imagine how many would have suffered like me?
The job sheet was prepared and they said it will take nearly 3 days for repair. But when I contacted them on the third day they said that it will take one week to finish. Is this the customer care?

Should the company make arrangements for the parts since this seem to be a regular problem??? The company should also supply the parts to all the nokiacare units. Paying rs.8000.00 and there is no phone for nearly 10 days? Is it not ridiculous?

Since this seem to be a common problem with the model 5200, company must take immediate action as early as possible.
Nowadays I recommend my circle of friends & relatives not to buy nokia anymore.

N  8th of Apr, 2007 by
I bought a Nokia 5200 at dubai and now I'm back in Nigeria and I'm facing the problem of a bad loudspeaker. I'm aware that this is a general problem that Nokia customers have with this phone (Nokia 5200). I want to know what Nokia has to do for customers that are facing this problem and also to the phone model to prevent future occurrence.
A  17th of Apr, 2007 by
I bought a nokia 5200 on march 23th. But on 10th april the loudspeaker didn't work. And i gave the phone to service and i took it back today. I think loudspeaker problem is the general problem for all nokia 5200 series.
D  15th of Jul, 2008 by
I have purchased a NOKIA 5200 Mobile phone on August 22 2007. It worked fine but suddenly after 2 month it got restarted automatically. Then i went to c-care and gave for repare then they took about 1 month to repare it. And finally they gave a new one. The new one woked fine but since last 3 months the network of the mobile is dropping down. 2 times went to C-care they are sending to L-3 and when they r giving me after 1 or 2 week the same problem happening.Details of my job sheet: 1st job seet-381343506/080609/18, 2nd job sheet-381343506/080714/13 . please do the needful

Nokia Logo Nokia