Nokia 5200 / defective handset

1 India Review updated:

I bought a mobile handset of Nokia-5200 model on 10/02/2007 from "Little Sisters'", (Midnapore-721101, W.B., India, Ph. No. [protected]- an priority dealer of Nokia) not for light purpose but for my old mother-in-law who is a cardiac patient. As my husband usually stays outstations, I have to contact with the Doctors for my mother-in-law every now & then. After using for only a few days the mobile became defective, no body could hear any sound for outgoing calls. Then & there I lodged a complaint to the dealer. As he told me to submit the handset I had submitted the same. Then he told me that hte set would be delivered after 6-7 days because it would be taken to Kolkata for repairing. After 2-3 days' gap I had several times inquired about the phone but he replied negatively. After a long fifteen days' time he called me to take delivery of the phone and also told that it had been repaired properly. But unfortunately, another major defect occurred. The phone could not be "charged" even for a single time. I had again submitted the set to him. He admitted that the set was a defective one and needed to be replaced. He didn't told me when would I get back my phone. Now the set is lying with him.

His casual & carelessness approach astonished me. He didn't even inspected the set before delivery! Unnecessarily he harassed me.-

Comments

• Ra
      8th of Apr, 2007

I have purchased a NOKIA 5200 Mobile phone on February 11, 2007. On 31.03.2007 suddenly there was no sound with the Loud speakers. On 01.03.2007 I went to the nearby Nokia Care at Velachery and they confirmed that it was Speakers that got open and since they did not have the parts, I was asked to go to Mount Road for repair (NOKIA CARE).

The next day (i have to take leave on that day)I went to the other Service centre and was shocked to see that nearly 9 to 10 customers were there having the same phone with same problem.Just imagine how many would have suffered like me?

The job sheet was prepared and they said it will take nearly 3 days for repair. But when I contacted them on the third day they said that it will take one week to finish. Is this the Customer Care?

Should the Company make arrangements for the parts since this seem to be a regular problem???

The Company should also supply the parts to all the NokiaCare Units. Paying Rs.8000.00 and there is no phone for nearly 10 days? Is it not ridiculous?

Since this seem to be a common problem with the Model 5200, Company MUST take immediate action as early as possible.

Nowadays I recommend my circle of friends & relatives not to buy NOKIA anymore.

17th of Apr, 2007

I had purchase nokia 5200 from Delhi on 12.02.07, But from last two Days My mobile Speaker is not working. I think there will loose connection in speaker.