Nissan Canada / poor quality

1 Ontario, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 416-940-2503

I am writing to express my complete disappointment regarding the quality and reliability of my Nissan Pathfinder. This was a brand new car, which I took in lease since May 2005. This was my first time owning a Nissan or an SUV and I was looking for something reliable.

During this lease, my expectations were shattered more than once: battery broke right after warranty period, fuel tank sending unit had to be replaced, Air Conditioning stopped working and others, this of course while maintaining a rigorous service schedule.

However the last major disappointment topped all previous ones. After noticing a vibration when automatic gear shifting would take place, I had the unpleasant experience of car stalling at a stop light. I was pushing the acceleration such that the tachometer would indicate high rpm values, but the car would barely move. I asked for an urgent appointment and brought the car to the dealership. The damage was more than surprising. The radiator broke and the coolant liquid penetrated in the transmission system mixing with the transmission fluid! I can only think of a major design flaw for such an unusual and dangerous occurrence.

I was not entirely aware how much Nissan stands behind the quality of their cars, which is why I wrote them a similar letter. I got the reply and now I know... They don’t see anything wrong will all this!

Comments

• Bi
      10th of Feb, 2010

I receintly had work done on my nissan titan and the manager of grande priarie nissan, I found very unproffesional toward me . i'm a vietnamese canadian and in my opinion he was predjetice toward me and my friend when we ask him question about my work order bill . He went so far as to point at us and tell us to get out when we kept asking him to answer our question . and he even told us never to come back to the nissan dealer . I hope nissan canada will do something about this .

• Ha
      19th of Mar, 2011

Nissan is losing much market share because of their inferior product. They used to very well respected. Check out some of the complaint websites and forums in the US.

I have a 2005 Nissan Titan SE King Cab with the Off Road, Tow and Utility Package, which I bought new. It has been nothing but heartache! Brakes were shot after 8000 km. I've done the brakes twice, once myself and once at the dealer. Door handles are frozen all winter long. One of the heater actuators clicks non stop. Now at 107000 km, my rear differential just failed. $4500.00 plus tax minimum. 1 year and 7000 km past the warranty. Dealer says they can do nothing about it. I'm going to put in a complaint with Nissan Canada but I know it won't get me anywhere. I'll take the matter up in court! I believe that there is a looming class action lawsuit against Nissan in the US regarding the diferentials in Titans. I won't own another Nissan product! They know of the break problem and have recalled it in the US but we have to pay for everything here in Canada!