Newspaper Archive / Content inaccessible

United States Review updated:

The website charged a subscription fee of $100 per year but began blocking my service provider IP numbers from access to the website, preventing me from viewing any content of newspaper articles in pdf format. This problem has not been remedied after repeated requests from me, verified by my internet service provider, who has tried unsuccessfully to gain access to the content of the website when using my username and password. I can gain access through large ISP such as AT&T, but not through my small, locally owned internet service provider.

Comments

Bi
  15th of Sep, 2008
After sending a copy of the complaint dated August 28, 2008 to the personnel of the website of Newspaperarchive.com, I received a great deal of help from them. With help from my local ISP, the tech support staff identified the problem and had the website accessible again within a week.
Sh
  24th of Nov, 2008
I have sent many emails and they have given me an additional 6 months on my subscription. Well, it's been four months and I am still unable to access many of the states and cities they say are searchable. They said they have had a broken server for over four months and are working on it??? Almost every newspaper they have in their archives in not accessible to me and they assure me they are working on it and it is going very slow because they don't want to have to rescan each paper or lose any of their records. HELLO. I wonder if they ever heard of a backup?? This is a fraudulent business. NO REFUNDS... Be very careful of this company. IT'S ONE BIG SCAM...

NewspaperArchive.com Logo NewspaperArchive.com