Newegg.com — deceptive returns policy
On the newegg.com page you purchase your item from on the Details tab scroll way down it says "Standard Return Policy" or another type of return policy there are 20 different types of return policies. Click the type of return policy for your specific item they don't tell you anywhere that you pay the shipping back to them even for items they sent you that are defective or broken. They tell you all these other things that make it sound like a good deal like "Return for refund within: 30 days" etc. but they don't tell you that you're going to get stuck paying shipping back to them even if they sent you a bad item.
I don't like this newegg policy they are deceptive about it and have it buried on their web site the information is very hard to find you have to look around a lot, on their FAQ Search Results put in "shipping " and scroll more than half down, it says "Does Newegg pay the return shipping cost for defective merchandise?No, Newegg does not pay the return shipping cost for defective merchandise. We are not responsible for product defects, because we do not manufacture the products we carry. However, if you pay to send the item back to Newegg, we will replace the item and ship the replacement to you at no charge. Newegg will employ every resource it has to ensure that your item is replaced promptly, without hassle."
This is a bad deal for items like computer parts & electronics since if you buy a lot of this kind of thing there are several times you could get a defective product. Best to shop around and use places like Amazon, B&H photo, etc. they cover the shipping back for bad products.
More Newegg.com Complaints & Reviews
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - if you get cheated in newegg marketplace, newegg won't help 
- [Resolved] NewEgg - online scam 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - refuses return, says item I sent them is not the one they sent me (but it is!) 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - very dissatisfied with the customer service at newegg.com! 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - do not buy anything as a gift from newegg 
- Newegg.com. Cn - awful customer service 
- [Resolved] Newegg.com - avoid newegg if you're the type of person who wants their coverage plans to be well worth the extra money 
- NewEgg - selling defective products
- Newegg.com - big scam site, don't give them you're credit card information
- [Resolved] NewEgg - delivery, a horror story