Newegg.comdeceptive returns policy

On the newegg.com page you purchase your item from on the Details tab scroll way down it says "Standard Return Policy" or another type of return policy there are 20 different types of return policies. Click the type of return policy for your specific item they don't tell you anywhere that you pay the shipping back to them even for items they sent you that are defective or broken. They tell you all these other things that make it sound like a good deal like "Return for refund within: 30 days" etc. but they don't tell you that you're going to get stuck paying shipping back to them even if they sent you a bad item.

I don't like this newegg policy they are deceptive about it and have it buried on their web site the information is very hard to find you have to look around a lot, on their FAQ Search Results put in "shipping " and scroll more than half down, it says "Does Newegg pay the return shipping cost for defective merchandise?No, Newegg does not pay the return shipping cost for defective merchandise. We are not responsible for product defects, because we do not manufacture the products we carry. However, if you pay to send the item back to Newegg, we will replace the item and ship the replacement to you at no charge. Newegg will employ every resource it has to ensure that your item is replaced promptly, without hassle."

This is a bad deal for items like computer parts & electronics since if you buy a lot of this kind of thing there are several times you could get a defective product. Best to shop around and use places like Amazon, B&H photo, etc. they cover the shipping back for bad products.

Li
May 11, 2013

Comments

• Tw
      May 12, 2013

What did you buy so I can look at the specific return policy?

• Ki
      Jul 18, 2013

I agree that there return policy sucks. I purchased 2 hard drives that were defective and I am having to fight to get my money refunded back to me. I even purchased and paid for the replacement hard drives before they received the defective ones back. I was told more than once that when the hard drives were returned my credit card would be refunded for the full amount. That never happened. I have spent many wasted hours trying to get this resolved. We shall see what happens tomorrow. I told them that if they balance of my credit did not appear on my credit card I was going to dispute both charges (the original charge and the replacement charges) with my credit card company.

• Je
      Feb 25, 2014

This is exactly what happened to me. I purchased a laptop that was refurbished. When I received it my son was getting it all set up for me - he does this for a living - but the laptop would not start up again once he set it to restart. we were already finding little things that were not working but tried to make it work in spite of these. I received it on a Monday and returned it the very next day. I was not happy with the return policy which required me to prepay $17 for the RMA label. They received my RMA and refunded only my original laptop purchase amount but none of the shipping costs. I wrote to them on their website right away and have heard nothing from them concerning this issue. I will not buy from them again. Their customer service is lacking in the returns area. I basically did the troubleshooting for their laptop and paid the shipping for it both ways for my efforts.