Newegg.comdo not buy anything as a gift from newegg

C

Do Not buy anything as a GIFT from newegg. Their customer service does not care about you or your situation IF/WHEN something goes wrong. They will not treat you with any respect nor will they do one thing to help you. Buy your Gifts from someone else - newegg does not care about you. My wife purchased from them for me on 11/24/12 as a X-mas gift. Problems started immediatly upon installing the new ram but it was already 12/27/12 by then and newegg could care less about you after 30 days!

RESOLVED

• Newegg International's response · Feb 17, 2010

Dear timpoth,

Please accept our apology regarding any inconvenience caused by your return experience. We in no way wish to provide customers with a bad experience when dealing with any area of our service. I don’t work in the RMA department either, but I do know that there is heavy surveillance and any tampering is truly intolerable. In the interest of investigating this matter for you and trying to resolve it ASAP, please contact Newegg Rep Joshua at [protected] ext 25092 or [email protected]

Newegg.com

• Newegg International's response · Oct 11, 2010

Dear Anthony,

We would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. It is not Newegg's policy to charge or send any order without the account holders consent. Unfortunately without your specific order number, we can only speculate as to the reason this order was received.

Make no mistake, Newegg.com takes our customers security very seriously and would encourage you to please contact our service agent Maverick Iniguez, to investigate this matter for you. He can be reached at: [email protected] or by phone at [protected] ext 25062. Thank you for bringing this to our attention, we look forward to working with you to resolve this sitation for you ASAP.

Newegg.com

• Newegg International's response · Apr 08, 2015

Hello Reikitigerman,
    Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with . We're terribly sorry to hear about your recent experiences and we'd like to help. Would you please contact us at [email protected]? Thank you and look forward to hearing from you!

Newegg Support ~ William

• Co
    CommonSensePPL! May 02, 2015

@Cherokkee - Were you over the 30day return policy? If so, then why are you complaining? If rules and policies aren't to be followed then why have them anyway? Why have laws and morals if they are just things that sound good but are not enforced? Maybe the person who bought it as a gift should have thought about the return policy before purchasing it a month ahead of time. Maybe they should of asked "what if" before buying the product. Maybe you should use Common Sense before complaining about nothing. A complaint is something that should be taken seriously and be important criticism, not to be an outlet for someone's ignorance that causes other people to forgo enjoying something they could of had, but stayed away because of ppl like you. Yea this post was over 2yrs ago, but I just stumbled upon it so it's new to me... Have a great day!

@BY LOCALLY - When you buy something "locally" and you need to return or exchange an item, does the store pay for your gas? Do they pay for the time it took you to make another trip? No.. no they don't. So why would any other business do the same? You probably got free shipping to your house anyway as many items from Newegg and Amazon do... Online businesses almost Never pay for the first return shipping back to them, however they always pay for the shipping back to you. Why? Especially with electronics there is almost NO margin for the business selling the product. Any cut into the margin usually puts that item in the negative (which means they lost money selling it to you). When you buy a TV at Walmart, ask the sales associate to scan it with their Telxon, and show you what their margin is, 90% of the time they are selling it a -x.x% which means they aren't making anything off of it. How do they make money? you ask, well the profit comes from the accessories and peripherals, the extended warranties and the other stuff you buy like movies and players. Computer components aren't any different, they don't have much of a margin. Use CommonSensePPL! Think before you complain, and complain about actually issues not "I'm more important than everyone else, so treat me special" mentality that so many Americans have these days... Have a great day!

@Little Nipper - What online business pays for the initial return shipping back to them? None of them! Why is it necessary to put "Caution Hot" on the side of a coffee cup, the same reason ppl are oblivious to how online shopping works even though they use it everyday, a serious lack of common sense! Almost no companies list that in their return policy because it's common sense, you pay to ship it back to them, and they pay to ship it back to you... what's difficult to understand about that? Nothing... Have a great day!

@twime - Thank You for being helpful, too many people just encourage the ignorance instead of educating them... my way is lacking in the soft-skill dept, but it's more fun this way, keeps me from losing faith in humanity you know?... Have a great day!

• Re
    Reikitigerman Apr 07, 2015

Years ago Newegg went out of it's way for customer service, but not anymore. I've noticed also that they put stuff that has really bad reviews into their shell shocker deals and especially on the Newegg flash deals, where there are no reviews to read, in order to try and dump them on on a ware customers. Instead of trying to unload unreliable crap on us they should be sending the sh-t back to the companies turning out this garbage. As it stands now you probably have a one in ten chance of getting a faulty mobo etc. for you build. I think that the original owner of Newegg must have sold out or something...it's a whole new game today. I buy most everything from Amazon now because they back what they sell and I haven't had to pay to return but one item in all of the years I've been shopping with them.

• Lr
    lrv1 Jul 05, 2014

So agree WORST company ever, they should be forced to go out of business.

• Tw
    twime May 12, 2013

Little Nipper I hope that helps

• Tw
    twime May 12, 2013

You should always read these disclosures in full. I know they are lengthy and tedious but it will protect you in the long run. Especially the fine print because that is where they hide all the details that they hope you wont see. Make sure you read all the details before you purchase or sign anything because unfortunately once you make the purchase or sign your name it becomes a legally binding contract. They are only legally required to honor what is in the contract and they must honor all promises therein. That is how they trap you so again Please read the entire thing but pay especially close attention to the fine print. And it does say at the very end of the Newegg return policy that for a doa, Customer is responsible for shipping costs on returned items. That unfortunately protects them. Now if they don't provide the disclosures ( and I don't know for sure on this one whether or not all companies are required to provide them) that could be on them, and you may have legal recourse. I suppose it does vary with different types of companies, products, services and situations. Just always make sure to protect yourself by doing what you can to know what your getting into. Good luck I hope you can get this straightened out and you may want to contact the manufacturer.

• Li
    Little Nipper May 10, 2013

On the page you purchase the hard drive scroll way down on the Details tab it says "Standard Return Policy" click that and it says nothing about you paying the shipping fee for returns.

I don't like this newegg policy they are deceptive about it and have it buried on their web site the information is very hard to find you have to look around a lot, on their FAQ Search Results put in "shipping " and scroll more than half down, it says "Does Newegg pay the return shipping cost for defective merchandise?"

"No, Newegg does not pay the return shipping cost for defective merchandise. We are not responsible for product defects, because we do not manufacture the products we carry. However, if you pay to send the item back to Newegg, we will replace the item and ship the replacement to you at no charge. Newegg will employ every resource it has to ensure that your item is replaced promptly, without hassle." .

• By
    BY LOCALLY Mar 11, 2013

i have never purchased anything from newegg before and let me tell you i wont ever again. i normally buy everything locally so that if i have a problem i take it back to the local bestbuy store or any other store for that matter and swap it out for another. well i ordered 4 hard drives from newegg and one of them arrived doa. come to find out that i have to pay to ship the defective item back, this is total crap, if i had known this before hand i would have told the guy at my local best buy to just order them for me. they were the same price but it would have taken a week to come in and thats why i ordered from newegg. i will never buy anyting from newegg again. im sending all 4 hard drive back for a full refund. ive already had my local computer store order my hard drives for me. newegg thanks to you my buy local slogan has never been stronger and more reinforced.

• Al
    Al Bing Nov 12, 2012

Good prices, but their order handling/telephone service is ZERO. I ordered a laptop. First time customer. They required both an order verification and address verification process (apparently separate functions) for security purposes. I am all for security, but they did not explain it was a 2 part process. This held up my order. Their hours are west coast friendly, so those of us out east are out of luck. When I asked the address verification department guy to change the shipment address (since I now lost 4 days due to their procedure), he could not take care of the problem. I would have to call back again and select customer service. At least with a 900 phone sex number you get satisfaction. At NewEgg, you suck the egg.

• Ca
    CAPT 2102 Jan 29, 2012

I have sent three requests in ten days to Newegg Customer Service via their support webpage to request an RMA number. To date the only replies I received were emails indicating that I should receive a proper response (and RMA) within 24 hours.

Today makes ten days - still nothing!

madmax2011 May 05, 2011

These guys promise 2 day free shipping. I'm at 6 days without the stick of memory I ordered. I think they use donkeys for shipping. I won't be buying from them again. Judging from the number of complaints here; they are a waste of time.

Anthony Oct 09, 2010

Received a product in the mail today via USPS that I never ordered. They shipped something I did not order and cannot use and charged my $15.98.

• Po
    polar! Feb 22, 2010

Lets not be unreasonable, you were given information on the product page with what the return policy clearly states. In fact I would like to say of all the on-line stores, they're best of letting you know what to expect up front. If you your unable to check that than maybe you should stick with "brick and mortar" stores. As another note they do have varied exchange policies for what your buying so it doesn't represent a issue with all the merchandise not being returnable... People need to be smarter consumers before they buy and also to show more commitment to their purchases.

• Ti
    timpoth Feb 15, 2010

I had gotten some memory from NewEgg.com that
    tested bad in my system, I contacted the manufacture and was advised to
    return the memory for replacement. I had attached memory coolers to the
    chips and didn't know how to remove so I told this to the NewEgg RMA
    department and they issues a return for the memory. Two weeks later I get an
    e-mail from them that the product was damaged and would not be replaced,
    upon calling NewEgg because they didn't respond to my e-mail I was told that
    several chips were ripped from the memory and that they received them that
    way which is completely untrue. The woman that I spoke told me that there
    was no why they could have done it because its there policy not to but that
    she didn't work in the RMA department and that I couldn't take to them as
    they do not take call.
    The entire process of dealing with them had been a complete nightmare and is
    only the latest in a string of issues I have had with them. In the end it is gong to cost me almost $500 and I will
    never do business with them again.

massimo Sep 19, 2008

the worse internet store experience of ever
    I bought an laptop and they stopped the order 3 times:
    1 - for billing address problem;
    2 – because they made a mistake correcting my billing address;
    3 – for applying $10 courtesy discount adding the amount instead of reducing the total amount.
    finally the they voided my order because the system automatically rejected an order if it is placed for more that 3 days.
    the worse internet store experience of ever
    I'll never buy to them
    I'll never advise to buy to them
    Massimo Fantini

• Ly
    LYDIA DUDLEY Jun 16, 2008

You better be absolutely sure about what you want to order when you order from Newegg.com, they do not allow exchanges. I ordered a set of wireless speakers as a gift for my husband and they are not the best. I wanted to exchange them for something better, but Newegg.com does not allow exchanges, only returns for the same item.