[Resolved] Newegg.com / horrid customer service

CA, United States Review updated:

I have been a customer of Newegg for years. I've bought all sorts of items from them with only minimal issues. Just before this years' Final Four, I purchased a HiDef TV from them, expensive to me ($1, 500.00), but worth it in my estimation. I was excited about getting everything set up for the Final Four. The TV arrived on-time with a damaged screen and I refused to accept the delivery. Not Neweggs fault. When I contacted them however, their customer service was non-existant. They refused to replace the TV and told me my only option was to get my money back. No upgrades offered. No action to appease my anger or frustration, just a "that's not our policy". And this was after talking to 2 supervisors of Customer Service! If you need to depend upon an online website to purchase a product, I'd suggest you shop elsewhere... When I've dealt with other Internet sites, I've never been disappointed and received prompt, polite, professional customer service. I'd have to say that "Customer Service" is not their policy!

OMG! It gets worse!!!

I submitted my claim about the damaged TV on Monday 4/5/10 directly to Newegg. I was informed that "their policy" is that it takes 3-5 business days to process the claim even though their own website state 2 business days. I waited patiently... At 2 a.m. on 4/8/10 I received email notification that the claim had been received and approved. I then called my credit card company and they stated that the charge was still on my bill. I contacted newegg again and was told that the email that I received was notification that the claim was received on 4/7/10 and I'd have to wait 3-5 business days more! I then asked to speak to someone in their claims department so that this could be expedited, but those associates don't come in until 4:30 p.m. PST and I can't talk to them anyway because it's "not their policy"!

Stay away from www.newegg.com... it's not worth the risk!

• Resolution statement

• Newegg International Customer Care's Response, Apr 13, 2010

Dear Hank,

Thank you for taking the time to write your report and I apologize for any inconvenience the situation has caused you. Our website states, “If your order was damaged, misdelivered or tampered with while in transit, please contact Customer Service within 2 business days of delivery.” This is not stating that the claim takes 2 businesses days, unfortunately. I would like to obtain your information to see what Supervisors denied a replacement, as well, since (unless the product is not in stock) we can issue a refund OR replacement for damaged items as this is our policy.
    It is true that Customer Service handles all phone calls and other departments do not speak directly with customers. This allows each department to do their individual jobs as quickly and efficiently as possible. With this said, according to your statements, you have not been treated appropriately and that is inexcusable. So I can further assist you, please contact me at 800-390-1119 ext 25092 or e-mail your information to Joshua.L.[protected]@newegg.com.

Newegg Support

• Newegg International Customer Care's Response, Oct 08, 2010

Dear Huliber,

First and foremost, I would like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Make no mistake, a customers satisfaction is of the utmost importance and I would like to offer my assistance. Please do not hesitate to contact me at Maverick.B.[protected]@newegg.com or call me at 1800-390-1119 ext 25062.
    I'm sure with your account information and order details we can provide you with a satisfactory resolution.

Newegg.com

• Newegg International Customer Care's Response, Jan 20, 2011

Dear Jay_,
    I apologize your refund is delayed in processing. If the error is on our end I would be more than happy to take your sales order number and see to it that this is corrected immediately. Please contact me at Maverick.B.[protected]@newegg.com or call me at 1800-390-1119 ext 25062, with this orders information at your earliest convenience.

Thanks,

Newegg.com

Ha

Comments

15th of Jan, 2011

I'm having a similar customer service problem trying to get a refund for an order I tried to cancel. I ordered on a weekend and their system immediately changed the status to SHIPPED and debited my credit card - EVEN THOUGH THE ORDER WASN'T ACTUALLY PROCESSED AND NOT ACTUALLY SHIPPED FOR ANOTHER 2 DAYS!! This is an incredibly underhanded and deceptive practice in my opinion. I returned the package (at my expense) back to them unopened and now I'm playing email tag as the stall and delay my refund. This will be the last time I order from NEWEGG!!

• Da
      21st of Nov, 2011

I recently purchased a HiDef Plasma TV and found that it was damaged upon delivery. The guy that delivered the TV was really shady and did not want me to open the box before he left. The TV had a damaged screen and it was obvious that it was dropped. Not Neweggs fault but when I contacted them, their customer service was not helpful. They refused to let me speak to someone in their claims department and also refused to give me any details from their claims department. I don't understand why I have to wait 5-7 business days to receive a refund when the carrier doesn't have to come pick this trash up for a few weeks. What exactly is their claims department investigating?!?! I would like the refund now and also for the carrier to make arrangements to come pick up the damaged TV now, not 3-4 weeks from now!!

I've called a few times and the customer service rep tells me the same thing, that they will put a note on file to expedite the claim. I filed the claim on 11/17 and it is now 11/21 and I have not received any updates. They refuse to give me any other information other than I have to wait 5-7 business days for the refund to show up on my credit card. This is absurd! I will not be ordering from NewEgg ever again.