Netzero / Belled after cancellation

NetZero
www.netzero.net

I cancelled my account with NetZero about two months ago, or so I thought. I was looking at my account today and noticed that they had billed me again. After a long process of trying to get through to them via telephone, I cancelled again. They said that they cannot return the money they took from me even though they could see that I haven't used their service. To make a long story short, I would not recommend NetZero to anybody. In fact, I would strongly urge people not to use them at all. I liken them to a parasite, and feel that the US Attorney should investigate them for fraud and theft.

Va

Comments

• Ti
      17th of May, 2008

I am going through the call and cancel thing now.
    I called them in January '08 and what they didn't tell me, was that after giving me the whole sales pitch of you will get two months free just for being with them, and they would cancel my account, I get billed for the high speed accelerator that I deleted off of my system two months later.

They didn't tell me that they would start billing me again, usually when you call to cancel, that means CANCEL! Not start it up again, and be billed for the high speed separately.

So I call them again, and they give me the sales pitch again, and I could barely understand the guy speaking his version of English, and I ask him, can't you just cancel the service permantly, cause I don't want it anymore, and I deleted everything off my PC, cause I don't want the two free months?
    He told me flat out no.

He said that I have to call two months later again, and tell them I no longer want the service, or they will bill me for the high speed, again.

So this is how they get to start billing you again.

Now I've called to cancel, and have to call two months later to cancel, again, and this better be the last time.

NetZero is the perfect name for these guys, try to cancel them, and you'll get ZERO.

6th of Jul, 2008

Netzero kept billing me after I cancelled my account for some security service that I never asked for.. I had same thing happen with some guy with broken english telling me it wwas free. I flatly refused that offer and said I want nothing but to" cancel" everything with "NETZERO" ..They charged my CC for 3 months before I found out... I will see if they are going to do the right thing. Best thing to do is not use Netzero at all. Go with a local service

• Ri
      14th of Nov, 2008

I am doing my college assignment on Outlook, but netzero keeps taking me off line and it takes time to get back on- line and I loose valueable time. Why does netzero keep taking me off line?

• Qb
      8th of Sep, 2015

They do this all the time-they biilled my card twice after I cancelled and had a receipt of such-i had to cancel the card.

• Ra