NetzeroIncreasing electronic transfer for payment of account!

Received notification that NetZero is going to further penalize those of us who pay their monthly charge by automatic electronic transfer from bank accounts, by increasing fee's, for an already problematical level of internet services. This is an absolute ridiculous charge to begin with, as all other companies, that I do business with, generally prefer electronic transfers and add NO EXTRA FEES.

NetZero does not appreciate the fact that many of us do not use regular credit cards, on line, because of security issues, electing instead, to use "One Time Virtual Card" accounts (which are obviously not appropriate for monthly billings). I would certainly not consider their offer to pay by the year, given their "poor track record" in refunding canceled services.

The only reason Net Zero has chosen to force the use of Credit Cards, by penalizing Electronic Transfer Customers, is it makes it much more difficult to cancel Net Zero service, without incurring additional expense on the part of the Credit Card user. (This accusation is verifiable by the number of complaints against United OnLine's companies including NetZero.

NetZero's ads are deceptive, concerning customer satisfaction, because I have talked, personally, to dozens and none are happy with anything about NetZero. When they try to cancel service, they are met with obnoxious customer service reps, of foreign extraction, who make it a gauntlet to cancel... I know, I tried this yesterday and gave up after an hour of transfers and arguments with people who spoke only "broken English" at best. I want NetZero to either straighten up lousy service and billing practices or at the very least, make it easy to cancel accounts without hassles and added charges.

Signed: Dan B. Dickey, another dissatisfied NetZero Customer!

• Li
    Lisa Castillo Nov 18, 2008

I contacted Net Zero to find out what was going on with my account and yes it has been paid. I was experience difficulty with the dialing process is not going through. I contacted Customer Service for them to tell me that I need to contact Technical support which would cost me $1.95 per minuet. I told them I would not contact the Technical Service for them to charge me and guess what I have no choice. What a rip off to want to charge me for their problems.

In The News

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices