[Resolved] Netspend / fraud

26081 columbia st, Hemet, CA, United States Review updated:

My friend referred me to get net spend card so I did we were told we each would get 20.00 for referrall never got it when I called they said I was sent a net spend card two years ago never activated it or use it but that made me not eligible for card then when tried to cancel card they weanted to charge me

• Resolution statement

• NetSpend Corporation Customer Care's Response, Oct 07, 2013

Victoria,

We are very sorry to hear that there has been unauthorized transactions on your account.

Please send your information to [protected]@netspend.com and we will make sure this is addressed. We can assure you that we will do everything we can to assist you with getting your money back.

NetSpend

Ja

Comments

• Tr
      19th of Apr, 2010

If you had a card with this company before then it is understandable that you would not be a new customer for them. I am sure there is fine print somewhere which states restrictions of this refer-a-friend program. Unless you were charged something for the card I would not consider this fraud.

• Do
      14th of Feb, 2013

I bet TravV works for netspend...similar to a name I dealt
    with

• Vi
      2nd of Oct, 2013

I have never been more angry with a company than I am with Netspend. In the past 4 months I have been a victim of fraud. I live in Texas and the charges have been in Florida. My account and card were both blocked. My main reason for calling this past Friday was that I have direct deposit and was told that I would be able to call and have it transferred to a different account. When calling and speaking with the company concerning this matter, I was placed on hold for hours at a time and spoke to 11 different people. Finally the 11th person used common sense and unblocked the card for me to retrieve my funds then blocked the card back (all while I was on the phone with them). When I tried to find out the status of my account yesterday I was told it would take 10 days for the Fraud situation to be handled. This situation has put me and my family in a major financial bind. I will be closing my account and going with a different company/bank when or if they decide to place my funds back into my account. I will be filing with the Better Business Bureau and speaking with Texas State Attorney General.