Netspend / fees higher than stated

CA, United States Review updated:

Netspend has charged me much more than they say they will. I signed up for a program that cost 10$ and allows you to charge things with no fee except for withdrawing money from an atm, well they did both took my 10 dollars and still is charging mefor withdrawls. They are a poorly run, dishonest business that slowly steals from you. I have tried repeatedly to talk to a person about this but only get recordings in which they charge you for!!! Scammers! I have switched to another card and they are charging me what they say they will, which is all I ask.

Comments

• Tr
      8th of Feb, 2010

Hi Businessman23. The only way this sounds possible is that you were not on the 10$ a month plan. That would be why you were still being charged the transaction fees. I would recommend contacting them to make sure you are on the right plan. Or you could also go to your online account center and see what plan you are on. I never have had trouble getting through to customer service; you would just need to select the appropriate options.

• Ph
      23rd of Feb, 2010

I have always had good service over the phone and no problem getting a hold of someone (which they don't charge for)...(THEY DID BOTH TOOK MY 10 DOLLARS AND STILL IS CHARGING MEFOR WITHDRAWLS) ...well whether you pay the ten dollar fee or not, you are charged for ATM withdraws which is stated under the fees section. But is sounds like you are not signed up for the ten dollar a month plan.