Netspend / rip off

Netspend lost my tax refund & refuses to help me there areseveral complaint just like mine there are a big rip off.

Da

Comments

• Ss
      26th of Dec, 2008

On 12/25/08 I discovered that 14 unauthorized charges were made to my Netspend debit card. I called Netspend and was HORRIFIED to find out that not only was all of my money taken but there wasn't anything I could do about it. According to netspend, because these transactions are still "pending" I have to wait until they go through and then and only then can I start the dispute process (oh yes, and all the transactions were made on 12/24 and it is now 12/26 & they are still "pending"). Meanwhile I have $0 and I could be waiting for who knows how long to get my money back. The company treated me as if I were to blame for using my debit card online at some point in my life allowing someone to hack into my computer and gain access to my #. I was able to contact some of the companies that charges were made from and they were wonderful in immediately refunding my money when they realized that the billing address that the person who stole my number used and my actual billing address did not match up.
    Another point I brought up to Netspend was how the transactions were allowed to be authorized if the billing address did not match up. They had no answer for this and continued to tell me that they couldn't do anything until the merchants collected their money. Many of the merchants were unable to be contacted because they are fraudulent businesses who's telephone numbers lead to no where or have been disconnected. I was informed by Netspend that many of these companies were associated with an online gambling site that is out of the country. I am filing a complaint because of the inability and unwillingness of the company Netspend to answer for why they approved transactions when the billing address was incorrect and also for their "too bad so sad" attitude towards refunding my money or helping me expedite the return of my money from these fraudulent charges. They made me feel like i was being punished for having my debit card # stolen and now I have to figure out what I am going to do for money until my dispute goes through. Nobody at the company speaks English and they all read from a script. God forbid you ask them a question that they don't have a scripted answer for because then they just start rattling on about the closest thing they have in their script even if it has NOTHING to do with the question you just asked. If you are even entertaining the thought of using Netspend don't!

• Ew
      5th of Feb, 2009

Netspend is headed down the toilet due to their poor customer support mechanisms.

I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they are complicit in the theft of the funds themselves.

• Tr
      25th of Feb, 2010

How did NetSpend lose your tax refund? Did they receive it and then send it back? Or did they not get it at all? If this is the case you may need to direct your complaint towards the IRS since they may have sent it to a different account. This happened to me once and it is a pain.

• Ku
      27th of Sep, 2010

Iam a disability patient and i had my wallet stole, so i requested the old card stolen .Well i was told another would be sent to me.Good, well time had gone by, and i finally came across some money to make my phone payment.That's when i had trouble with the payment going thru first it was because the card wasnt activated, i did when i got the card.So then i tried again this time money had been deducted for sending me a new card.I was never told i would be charge for a new card.And i had check my balances before just to check and there was no pending transactions