Netspend / bad service

Is netspend going out of business? if so, will they tell us. i have never seen a credit card company have so many problems with their system and it is always down. i am really gettng scare with netspend. it is so hard to get customer service and its always some foreigner that can't speak or understand english very well. i had to ask for someone who can read, speak and understand the english language. i hate to say this, but i ask them is there any americans in customer service i can speak with. i am good at recognizing voices, but i am given a different name.

Na

Comments

• Va
      4th of Dec, 2008

I recently stayed at a hotel in Boise Idaho and used my NetSpend debit card for three small purchases. I was double billed for these purchases. After a few days all of the charges posted to my account except one. This charge, for $15.37 still shows as "pending" on my NetSpend account after 16 days.

NetSpend refuses to release the funds and variously cites their policy, and a law that says hotel merchants have 90 days to collect these funds.

I have contacted the hotel and they have faxed letters to NetSpend stating that they have released the funds and have no intent of collecting them. NetSpend still refuses to release them.

I have spent over one hour of cell phone time unsuccessfully trying to get NetSpend to release the funds. They have put me on hold for over 15 minutes at a time or simply stated their various policies. And have refused to let me talk to their supervisors.

This is not the first time this has happened. Over the course of my three years with NetSpend it has happened each time I make a purchase at a hotel. I've always had to work with the hotel to get the funds released but NetSpend refuses to do so. I believe that the problem is somewhere in the NetSpend system rather than the various hotels. And they refuse to remedy it.

21st of May, 2009

this is so true, im on the phone with them now and i told them my card was stolen and he wouldnt let me talk to a supervisor he insisted to fix it himself and sent me a new card out when i had already asked for two other cards in the past that i did not recieve...

THIS IS ###! i dont like them at all...

now their telling me that i dont have any money on my card and that someone activated the card and spent the money... i have not recieved a damn card in the mail...

and they still wont let me speak to a supervisor...ive been on the phone with them for 30 minutes...

im going to file a lawsuit on their ###

• Xo
      27th of Jun, 2009

Have you thought about not making any more small purchases at hotels? Or just hitting an atm and taking the money out to avoid all of this frustration?

Keep in mind when you make a purchase, it takes two computers talking, and two companies legal divisions to nteract with each other, often times indirectly.

Netspend may not be interested in a hotel saying they are going to release the charges because it still shows up in their system. The hotel might be better off refunding the money to get it to simply cancel out of the system if they wish to be helpful.

• Tr
      11th of Feb, 2010

There is no way that NetSpend would be going out of business. Their customer base is growing more and more everyday. I have been a customer for over 3 years and have never really had a problem with them. Yes their customer service is outsourced, but I feel confident that they know what they are doing. The website issues have been frequent more recently but I am sure this will be fixed also since this is a huge inconvenience for both us the customers and them. As with all companies they have to deal with their growth, and I am sure these problems will be resolved.
    P.S. NetSpend is not a bank or a credit card company. They are a pre-paid debit card company.