Netflix / delayed disc delivery

Since the first of the year, it has taken one additional day for Netflix to receive and then to mail out a new disc. Whereas in previous years, the receipt and mailing occurred the same day, it is clear that the turn-around process is taking an additional day. Sure, it could be the Post Office that has changed its procedures, but I doubt it ... they have no motive to do so. Also since the first of the year, it seems that there is no Netflix activity on Saturdays. The bottom line is that the turn-around time between discs is almost doubled. What does Netflix gain by sandbagging? Fewer mailings per week, duh. That means fewer employees, and that means more bucks for the bosses and the stock holders. CEO Hastings again carelessly seems to forget that Netflix customers are the reasons for Netflix's success. Baby, you are gonna lose this customer, that's for sure.

Fd
Apr 26, 2015

Comments

• Va
      7th of Nov, 2008
    Netflix - Bad service
    netflix.com

I dvd I had purchased was accidently returned to Netflix. As soon as I reliezed the error I called Netflix. Who informed that they would be unable to return it as they had put it into their inventory and had rented it out. This disc that has recieved was part of a tv box set. They informed me that they would credit my account 9.99. However to re-purchase the set it would cost me 40.00.

• Do
      12th of Mar, 2009

I had the same problem. Customer "service" was AWFUL. Three people in a row lied to me, as I suspect they lied to you. They told me the disk would be destroyed (I called before they got it), they told me there's nothing they could do. Supervisor told me "I don't even know if they (distribution center) have email".
    Try emailing the founder, Reed Hastings, at reed.hastings@netflix.com

27th of May, 2009
    Netflix - overbilling
    Netflix

I signed up for Netflix yesterday so that I could start renting videos. When I was done I looked at my bank account to see if the free trial really was free. I found six charges for $15.39 in my account. I immediately called customer service. They told me that the money would be replaced by the time I get u this morning. I checked my account and there it was again the same withdrawals still gone. Has this happened to anyone else?

28th of May, 2009

I now have 4 more charges for the same amount taken out of my account. That is a total of 10 charges for a "free trial." Is there anything I can do? Customer service is not that helpful.

• Bs
      14th of Jul, 2009
    Netflix - Charged even after canceling account
    NetFlix

Netflix has absolutely no customer service. It is impossible to find a phone number to call and they continuously charged my card even after I cancelled the account. I completely regret my membership and would advise everyone to be very careful when signing up.

• Br
      4th of Aug, 2009

LOL no. Not only is there a large picture of the phone with the service code you need, but their number is available in 2 clicks. Just click help and the category you need, and TADA! 1-866-716-0414

• Al
      28th of Sep, 2009

You're nuts.

• Al
      28th of Sep, 2009

That's unfortunate, nevertheless, your problem .

• Pu
      5th of Nov, 2009
    Netflix - refusal to cancel subscription
    Belfair
    Washington
    ichhabu_3@msn.com

I attempted to terminate my Netflix service in August, they are still charging me but have stopped sending my two at a time films. So I am now paying $18.42 per month for nothing. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

13th of Nov, 2009

have you tried calling customer service? Did you cancel on the website? Just a note, if you take the movies out of your queue, it doesn't mean your account is cancelled. If you're not getting movies, yet still paying for the service, you most likely don't have any movies in your queue. Call 1-888-NETFLIX.

• La
      1st of Dec, 2009
    Netflix - double charge
    6120 Edwards Drive S.
    Macon
    Georgia
    netflix.com

I am being charged 2 times in the same month of $9.53 on my master card. please advise why. It is to be $9.53 per month. Thanks.

• Ga
      3rd of Dec, 2009
    Netflix - Simply awful
    netflix.com

NetFlix's selection is shallow, their personal response nonexistence, their concern for customer's perspective abysmal.

• Xb
      2nd of Jan, 2010

My problem with Netfilx is that they NO LONGER accept debit cards. I have NO IDEA who thought of this mishap. Debit cards are the way to go.EVERYONE IS USING THEM! WHY? Because you CONTROL what gets taken off of your card and when. Netflix decided to NOT take debit cards back in July 2009. Netflix is doing themselves a HUGE disservice by NOT taking Pre-paid debits cards!All I can say is that there competition is going to scoop up ALOT of new business for this mistake.

• Es
      4th of Jan, 2010

I have an unrecognized charge of $45.22 on my Discover card transaction details dated 12/14/09. Please explain.

7th of Jan, 2010
    Netflix - Avoid them
    netflix.com

We have a wireless internet connection. The player rated our connection as excellent. The picture is so fuzzy that is hurts your eyes to watch it. They claim that the picture is that of watching a VHS tape. WRONG.

ALSO - ONLY INSTANT WATCH MOVIES ARE AVAILABLE. Most of which are third rate.

• Me
      12th of Jan, 2010
    Netflix - Billed but no product
    Texas

I signed up for NetFlix but NEVER received a DVD...for months now they have been billing me for a service THEY have not provided. I have contacted them but no response. What a phoney and complete ripoff company! I warn people all the time to NEVER sign up for this service because there is NO SERVICE!

• Pi
      7th of Feb, 2010
    Netflix - long waits
    netflix

My husband and i have been alternately customers of netflix for the past 3 years and up until recently, very happy with the service. Since early Dec. all new releases (aka. everything we want to see) has had a long wait. I have been waiting upwards of 2 and a half months for movies that i could have rented from a redbox yesterday. To sum it up we are very disappointed and ready to cancel.

• St
      20th of Mar, 2010

I had to complaint twice and nothing improve. I have been with the membership since 2001 and I usually call they would send me the disc on next or two turns but this have never happen before. My husband want to see this one movie which release on first week of Feb. We have put on #1 before Feb and have not rearrange the order since then and now in March still waiting for this bloody movie.
    I have thought might be they put me on a black list since I called twice on the same issue, now I suspect maybe something happen on the market they simply have no enough money to buy the new releases. All the old movies were come in quite promptly. And I did thinking about cancel the service, it really upset me that I have not get what I want for the pass two months.
    It is totally unacceptable!

• Su
      26th of Mar, 2010

My experience is exactly the same. I also think that Netflix has cut back on the number of copies of each DVD and that the service has become unacceptably slow. I have not received one of the top three movies on my queue for more than two months, and when I call customer service (twice, now) I get a big run-around about how they try but it's just a coincidence that every time I return a movie one of my first three choices is just not available anywhere in the country??? I say that's ridiculous, and I too am ready to cancel.

• Vi
      8th of May, 2010

You only get DVDs when they feel like sending them to you. Netflix should be forced to refund you money when they are unable to supply you with a movie. I always have at least 10 movies on my wait list, but regularly am left waiting with no movies, even though I have a 2 movie contract. $13 a month to sit and wait is a scam. I figured it out. Yes I have to drive, but I am only receiving 6 movies or less per month on average even though I never keep them more than 2 days. I'm switching to Blockbuster.