Nespresso Cofee Machine / no guarantee

1 Brazil Review updated:

Do not buy products from nespresso de longui appliances, they do not guarantee the products!! This letter was sended 3 months ago with no answer yet, its a joke!!!
Gentlemans,
I am brazilian and I really appreciate a good coffee. My dream for several years was buy a express machine to enjoy my own coffee with family and friends. I am a airline pilot and in november of 2009, in a trip to portugal, then I bought the express coffee machine and 20 boxes of capsules in a nespresso boutique in lisboa. During 5 months I could experiment different types of coffees with wonderful smells and flavors. However, in a moment, I felt a burned smell and verified that the machine was not working anymore. I called the nespresso technical service in brazil and was informed that nothing could be done because my machine was 220 volts and was acquired abroad and they only guarantee 110 volts machines. After that I brought the machine to another technical assistance and was informed that the electronic plate was burned. The question is: before I buy a express machine, I made a market research with friends and businesses to choose wich brand could offer me a good quality and reliability and most of the people recommended nespresso. Now I am very disappointed and I would like to know what nespresso, a brand that I always belived to be a serious company, always looking for clients satisfaction, could do to bring me back the good image and pleasure to join a good coffee.

Regards,
Leonardo de lima duarte
Adress: rua torta, 22 ogiva – cabo frio – rj – brazil - zip code [protected]
Phone [protected]-[protected]

Comments

• Ph
      14th of Aug, 2013

You're an airline pilot, yet unaware of the voltage difference in a European machine? It was clearly your fault, yet you blame Nespresso for your mistake. You are lucky you didn't burn your home down as well. In no country or company in the world would you be covered under any warranty for such blatant misuse.