Nature's Acai Berry / Unauthorised charges on my credit card

1 UT, United States Review updated:

In mid February I ordered a free sample of Nature's Acai Berry online and agreed to pay only the postage of $4.99. I never agreed to be a subscriber/member etc. When I received the container of 60 capsules and read that it was full of caffeine I was not interested in taking it...I tried one then put them away and forgot about them. I have subsequently received two more containers over the last three months, neither of which I opened - the sales slip included has no payment amount..I assumed they were free again. Today I asked my husband to check our credit card statements and discovered I have been billed as follows:
2/18 $.99
3/4 $79.96
4/10 $85.91
5/2 $85.91
all with different websites and phone numbers. On our CC statement it doesn't say what these charges are for.
Then there are the following separate deductions under other names as follows
3/10 DJM Lifestyle $29.95
3/21 DJM costnsave $2.95
4/10 DJM Lifestylefit $29.95
4/10DJM costnsave $2.95
5/11 DJM Life Style fit $29.95
5/21 DJM LifeStyle Fit $2.95
The total $355.47.
This is a total scam and these companies need to be prosecuted and stopped from this fraud.

More Nature's Acai Berry Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Jp
      23rd of May, 2009

My experience with this product was the same. Please be warned that the companies selling this product are all one in the same.

You assume you are agreeing to a trial shipment of the product for $4.99 shipping. If you are not watching your credit card or bank statement you would not be aware that your "trial" starts the day of shipment and they have the $89.99 automatic monthly charge on payment hold with the bank. I just happened to look at my account the very day it posted. As previously said by the other victim of this fraudulent company, your only recourse is what I was told by my bank...cancel the card!
    This company uses, from what I found, 3-4 different company names and telephone numbers. Each company says they do not have an account history for your transaction. Amazing, how did I get their number? Again, I was dogmatic about getting to the bottom of this. Please trust me and others, the clock is ticking and you will continue to get hit with charges. Please, Please just cancel the credit or debit card used to stop the bleeding.

I sent lengthly emails to the Federal Trade Commission and also ABC headquaters informing them that the clips from their "60 Minute "shows were being used to promote their product. The only acknowledgement received came from the FTC confirming my complaint had been received and would be review! ( sadly, this could take years with all the complaints) I heard nothing back from ABC.

I hope this information will be read and help other consumers before purchasing.

Thanks,

• Pa
      23rd of Jul, 2009

If I had of known all of this also, I would not have signed up for the trial myself. I just got the trial pills on Tuesday, have not even tried them, today Thursday, I get 2 other orders for $139.00. What kind of trial is that? It's not! This is a scam if you are not able to try the product to even cancel the membership.
    I called to cancel but ofcoarse the office is not open to cancel. I will be filing a complaint to anyone I can to get my money back, this is just wrong.
    ANYONE reading this first complaint and my agreement, do not get a free trial..you will not get it in time before they have already charged you the $139.00. Total rip off.