National Recovery Agency / never heard of them

1 Pittsburgh, PA, United States Review updated:

I just looked at my credit score since I have been trying VERY hard to keep it good. It dropped 63 points today due to this BS. I have never heard of National Recovery Agency, although they say I am 58 dollars in debt to them. I have never received a call or piece of mail from them. It has now hurt my credit score dramatically and I am furious!!! Does anyone know how to get ahold of these people, I called and they are always busy, figures. I have disputed this on my credit report, but that could take years, the frustration in trying to better yourself through our demented credit system is ridiculous!!

Comments

• Kr
      18th of Mar, 2010

I just had the same thing happen to me and this is not the first company that has tried to do this to me. I take a 4 prong aproach to getting it off my record. I am disputing the collection on both Experian and Equifax since it showed up on both reports. I emailed them at inquiry@nationalrecovery.com. I am faxing them the same letter to 800-360-9954 and then I am sending them a certified l letter to
    NRA Group LLC
    Dba: National Recovery Agency
    PO Box 67015
    Harrisburg, PA 17106-7015

Below is what I have in my letter:

Dear Collection Manager,
    Re: Account Number

This is to inform you that I've recently pulled my credit report and noticed that there's a collection from your agency on my credit report. I have never been notified of this collection. However, this letter does not imply that I refuse to pay this debt. Rather, I would like to dispute your claim.

As per the FDCPA, I have the right to request a validation of this debt. I request you to prove that I am indeed the party who is by contract obligated to pay off this debt.

I hope you are aware of the fact that reporting any invalidated information to major credit bureaus may constitute defamation of character, as negative listing on credit report does not allow me to enjoy the benefits of good credit. In addition, you must also be aware that until you validate this debt, you can neither continue collection activities nor report this information on my credit report. I'm sure your legal staff will agree that non-compliance with this request is likely to put your company in serious legal trouble with the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and other state/federal agencies.

Please attach copies of the following documents:

1.Agreement with your client that authorizes you to collect on this alleged debt.
    2.Agreement that bears signature of the alleged debtor wherein he promises to pay the creditor.
    3.Complete itemized statement on this account so as to prove that the debt amount you wish to collect is correct.

With regards,

• Fr
      19th of Apr, 2010

thank you so much for this. i did the exact same thing and filed a complaint with the AG and FTC and have successfully had this item removed from my credit report after fighting with them for a year on the phone.