National Recovery Agency / NRA Group Logo

National Recovery Agency / NRA Group

Having problems with National Recovery Agency / NRA Group?

2491 Paxton St.
Sat8:00 AM - 12:30 PM
SunClosed
Mailing Address
P.O. Box 67015, Harrisburg, PA 17106

ComplaintsBoard.com is not affiliated, associated, authorized, endorsed by, or in any way officially connected with National Recovery Agency / NRA Group.

Complaints & Reviews

National Recovery Agency / NRA Groupattempts to collect debt not owed regarding old/closed dte energy account

NRA ID: 8221746
Creditor: DTE Energy
Acct: [protected]
Date: 5/21/13
Amount: $98.80

Confirmed by DTE, there is NO amount owing on this closed account. DTE also states that they do NOT contract with National Recovery Agency for collection matters. NRA does not note this account and/or investigate the claims of false collection/amount due but instead continues to try and collect on this amount. We would like this matter to be investigated and closed and to cease with the collection attempts.

• Updated by T.Farley · May 14, 2018

Issue resolved... out of shear frustration, I just paid the amount to get them out of my life. I know I shouldn't have, because the amount was NOT owed, but because of internal DTE issues with switching databases it was just quicker/easier/cheap enough to make this go away than to spend time digging up old bills/payments from FIVE YEARS AGO that they are just now trying to collect on. What a racket!

National Recovery Agencytrying to collect on a debt that doesn't exist

I received a collection letter last week and called them right away to see who I supposed owed money to for $98.98. I was told that it was The Danbury Mint so when I got done finding out what it was for (something called "
    The Garden of Hope") back in May 2017, I contacted Danbury about the issue. I was contacted back and told they didn't have anything by that name and that I owed them nothing.
    I then proceeded to email the Bradford Exchange and was told about the same thing. I didn't owe them any money.

When I called National Recovery Agency and tried to tell them what I found out, I was hung up on. I then emailed them and told them if my credit was hurt in any way they would be hearing from our family attorney. I hope this will end it all for good,

National Recovery Agency / NRA Group — aspen dental

I had a an account through Aspen Dental that I ended up paying off and some weird reason it went to...

National Recovery Agency / NRA Group — debt collection

This company harassed my elderly mother for money that was a false debt from 2015 until August 2016. Today...

National Recovery Agency (NRA)medical bills

I was hurt severely by a dentist and couldnt get a lawsuit due to the fact that I couldnt get a dentist to go against another dentist. I have lost most of my teeth on one side and have a hole the size of a 50cent piece on roof of mouth that goes up into sinus cavity. I have filed bankruptcy and these # still call me dozens of times a day. I am in constant pain and usally dont feel well. They are upsetting me and making me absolutely crazy. I hate what nra is doing to me I hate you ####

• Updated by illuminated one · Apr 07, 2017

tired of being harassed its to the point where i wish i was dead

National Recovery Agency (NRA)collection due

I went to the dentist back in 2013 at aspen dental (greenwood sc), and paid my dues also had insurance thru my work Urban Outfitters, I went on my credit report this yr 2016 (credit karma) and it says I owe Aspen dental 222.00 and on my credit report it states from 2015, I called aspen dental to verify this information and when I talked to them, Aspen Dental did not understand why I still owed them, so they closed my account as a write off and made a dispute with NRA and when I did my dispute they completed it and I went to check my credit karma, and it was still "open" so I called NRA and spoke with 1 person and he couldn't tell me why I owed them and said he will send a letter to my address with the amount, so I called back and 2 different people hung up on me.

NRAconstant phone calls

Please support the NRA! The continuous “harassment” calls are Spam. Spammers identify themselves as “NRA” and they have no affiliation whatsoever. These spammer’s intent is to get you so upset that you will not renew your membership or give them contributions. Their hope is to disarm the citizens. Forget it… I will always support the NRA!

National Recovery Agencyunauthorized charge

National recovery agency had took money from my account without authorization. They asked for a payment and I agreed to pay on it cause I didn't have it all. They in return debited the entire amount over drawing my account and ended up costing me more money

National Recovery Agency — threatening phone calls and harassment

Received harassing phone calls from the NRA on 11/30/15 about a claim that they had received against me for...

National Recovery Agency — harassment

This agency contacted my husband and claimed he owes money since 2013. We have never borrowed money from them...

National Recovery Agencyharassment by them...

I have repeatedly been called several times a day by them. This is regarding a debt issue that has nothing to do with me or my family in any possible way! I've repeatedly asked for them to stop calling me but they refuse to do so. They are rude and very difficult to deal with. But they continue to call...

National Recovery Agency — repo driver #

Yesterday I had my car repo was out of work 3 mo. Due to illness the driver was a rude douche bag from the...

National Recovery Agencydebt collection

I am continually being harassed by this company concerning a debt that is not mine from a company I have never heard of. They have also called family members. When I tried to get information about the "creditor" in order to investigate the matter further, I was yelled at and not given any useful information. They attempt to intimidate and threaten. The agent's last words were "we will see you in court." They make no attempt to resolve the issue. They refuse to provide any written documentation. Either someone stole my identity or this company just fraudulently made up this imaginary debt. These folks are extremely belligerent and persistent. They are highly unprofessional and use illegal tactics to attempt to extort money from the consumer.

NRA - National Recovery Agency from Miami — they keep calling my job number with treats back to back

They keep calling saying I owe some dept form back some 8 or 9years ago. I told them to stop calling my job...

National Recovery Agencyviolation of fair debt collection practices act

In an effort to resolve a debt claim that I am not responsible for, I spoke with the manager to offer a confidential resolution and that offer was denied. I asked that they "Validate the debt" not verify my address and he said that they have had the file since August of 2014 and that the time has expired on debt validation. Pursuant to 15 USC 1692(g) Section 809(a) states "...that within 5 days after the initial communication..." OK I acknowledge that we are way beyond the 5 day point, however, there has been no initial communication aside from my phone call today to them to resolve the matter, which I learned of through Credit Karma. This alleged debt goes back 4 years to a location we used to live. Since that location we had moved twice and neither address was known by National Recovery Agency. Since they did not have our address, how did they make contact with us? They didn't. Therefore the 5 days would actually begin today with the initiation of contact by us in an effort to resolve the matter. National Recovery Agency has clearly stated that they will not VALIDATE THE DEBT as required by law. National Recovery Agency is in violation of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, the Fair Collections Practices Act, and are liable for defamation of character by making this unvalidated claim upon our bureau reports.

• Ro
                      rough400 May 11, 2010

They have put an un authorized charge on my credit report.I have never heard of them or of the charge they are mentioning.They are fraud account. Please advice.

• Ye
                      yeahme12 Apr 27, 2011

File a complaint. They already have several against them. http://www.bbb.org/washington-dc-eastern-pa/business-reviews/collection-agencies/nra-group-llc-in-harrisburg-pa-70005089/#rating

john rube May 02, 2011

NATIONAL RECOVERY AGENCY
                      Account Status: COLLECTIONS
                      Status Date: 08/07/2010
                      Balance Amount: $106

i contacted them and was given the run a round i have know clue what this amount i for

• Da
                      Dan Skinner Feb 14, 2015

They call you house, put you on hold and when you do talk to a person if you are not the one there calling for they are very rude to you and hang up the phone on you !!!

National Recovery Agency — unethical unprofessional illegal

I received two calls in one day on my mobile phone. . . The call was routed to my vm which had a pre recorded...

Penn

National Recovery Agency — alleged bill

I have received threatening phone calls from this company both at work and at home. They did not identify the...

National Recovery Agency — national recovery agency knowingly extorts fraudulent debts, but I found a solution

Like most people who dealt with this company, I experienced them trying to intimidate me into paying a debt...

National Recovery Agencydebt collection

One day I got a surprise letter in the mail from this company telling me I owed a certain dr bill an amount of money. I called many times since this was quite a surprise, asked questions, for which all answers were: I don't know and tgen found them attached to my credit report this bringing my rating down little by little. I supplied them with proof of copies of cancelled checks & bills yet when I requested to see proof in firm of itemized bill from the dr office, they kept telling me he refuses to cooperate by sending that info. That is a lie since when someone from dr office called, they were able to supply him with info but I yet to see any proof that I really owe this amount!! Then just to get them off my credit report I decided to just pay, but even if you pay in full they tack on extra fee. I didn't want to give them the extra fee for convenience of giving them access to my checking account so I asked address where I send only the amount owed & the woman became very nasty & read the address so quickly I made her repeat it 3x until I got it correct. Then I needed my account number---read to me just as fast, made her repeat it. I question they're legitimacy since they never provided me with any proof or answers other than--I don't know. If they're true collection agency they should know my frequently asked type questions which is why I question if they are legit. In the end the woman screamed on the phone to me when I asked final question of what does it mean to be put on "do not call list" her reply was---does this mean you refuse to pay?!? Idk how my question necessitated that reply since it didn't make sense. Think is rather have heard the usual--idk answer they gave me all other times. They're rude, nasty and under knowledges ( IMO deceiving). I hope to never hear from this company ever again but I do wonder how legit they are. They can't provide me PROOF yet I had to send MY OROOF. Just doesn't add up. They could be asking me for money I really don't owe & I'll never really know the answer but worth just getting rid of them for amount they're requesting

National Recovery Agencyunproffesional staff

I handled a bill on behalf my husband mentioning that he owes PSEG utility company which we never dealt or even heard of. Then NRA staff said PSEG was the replacement of National Grid NY which I did paid the last bill already. We sent the proof and payment and still searching on web what is PSEG. Finally we found out that PSEG was the replacement for LIPA instead of National Grid. We realized never got any last bill from LIPA since moving and there is no excuse they missed our new address cause we forwarding our mail for the whole 1 year. And there was no letter from NRA either. I asked NRA to sent the letter again but my request was not accepted since I need to see the real bill. Contact PSEG to confirm the amount was $ 37.42 as the same NRA mentioned. Just to fix the credit score, I called NRA to pay and confirm the total amount remain the same. I gave all the debit account information and once completed, suddenly she said I have to pay the fee. She supposed to say about the fee from the beginning before wasting my time even further since I have the option to mail the check to waive the fee. When I decide to choose the second option, that female staff turn to be unfriendly. Unwillingness to give the address I could send the check till I have to insist it and then she just hang up. What a waste of time dealing with unprofessional staff.

A consumer site aimed at exposing unethical companies and business practices