National Floors Direct / consumer complaint

1 MA, United States Review updated:

We had wall to wall carpet installed on 8/08. After 5 return visits for ongoing problems, it was discovered the new carpet was installed over the old padding.The company never apologized and finally came out to correct the improper installion. We were promised a $150.00 refund. Mary from the consumer service dept finally refused us the refund and would not honor their promise to us. Everyone we dealt with over the course of 3 months conveniently were "no longer with the company". It was very difficult to follow up and our calls were never returned. This company does not respect their customers or treat them well. We spend over 3000.oo dollars and were treated extremely poorly. I would never do business with them again and wish we had been warned about them.

Comments

• Da
      5th of Aug, 2013

I generally used Empire but someone mentioned National Floors Direct so I figured I would give it a try. The salesman came out on a Monday and I was told I would have a Saturday delivery. I got a call on Friday at 4:30 saying that they got the wrong carpet from the vendor and they would not be able to come back out for two weeks - TWO WEEKS! Needless to say I paid in full with a check and now I have to wait 48 hours to get a call back regarding the cancellation and it takes 10-14 days to get refunded ABSURD! I would not even consider using these folks again...