National Floors Direct / scam artists!

1 Avon, MA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-400-floors

It's been almost two months since my original installation date. The first time the installers showed up, the carpet was cut incorrectly. The second time, they had a 12 ft roll instead of a 15 ft. The supervisior, Ron, said that the carpet we ordered didnt' come in 15ft but that it would be fine and you wouldn't see any seams. The third visit, we had the 12 ft carpet installed but the seams were visible from down the hall. Eventually, after more than 6 missed appointments and 6 weeks later, we had to select a different carpet because they told us the carpet we wanted wasn't available. We were told, by Ron, we couldn't get our money back because we had already had carpet installed. The only options were less expensive carpet, so Mary Sumner of the Avon office told us we would be compensated $300 for the loss of time and the cheaper carpet. So we agreed and picked something else to be installed. Again, a few more missed appointments and the less expensive carpet was installed. But, we were never credited. Once again, placing multiple phone calls before we got an answer, we were told that we aren't getting any money back because we agreed to take the cheaper carpet. Mary said that if we hadn't accepted, we could have just gotten all of our money back.
So, 2 months after we ordered our "next day" carpet, we missed more than 6 days of work waiting for salespeople and installers, were over-charged on the original installation date, still don't have something we're happy with, and National Floors doesn't even return our calls anymore!

Lm

Comments

• Bi
      11th of Jun, 2013

We picked out carpet for our house and the salesman told us it would be the same grade carpet we already had in our home. The day of installation, I went to see the carpet in the truck and it appeared to be "paper thin!" I refused the order! Spoke with the office and they told me that after it is vacuumed it would be plusher! Does carpet grow? After some negotiation they offered us a better grade at the same price. That sounded good! They refused to refund our money because we "paid in full" and they kept referring to it as a "deposit"! After the promise of better quality carpet...the day of installation, the truck arrived with the very same carpet they had brought the first time! We wanted tone done with NFD so we said "put it in"! Should have held out...but I promised to bad mouth this company in every way possible! $2, 000.00 down the drain, because we will have to buy new carpet within the next few years! This company sucks big time! Research first! Look for complaints! The commercials are a lie! I don't think the USA would make cheap quality carpet such as what we got! NFD is only a six person company...don't be fooled by what you see on TV! I have no shame in my game...proudly...Patricia J. Scott