National City Mortgage2nd mortgage modification

H Review updated:

National City Mortgage counselors advised we qualified for a loan modification since my husband had lost his job and was working for himself now and I still had my full time job. They requested a 50% good faith payment to get started since this would show the approval dept we wanted to work with them. At the time I was 2 payments behind. I gave them all the information filled out the forms and faxed confirmed the information and was told by my personal rep Jaclyn everything is in line and they will be able to lower my payment by 50% but need to run to the manager. I waited 5 days did not hear back and she informed me that it was declined due to not enough income. I said I have additional deposit that will show we have other money coming in and my spouse has been making a good bit this month and sent her this info. I had to call back again after a week and was told we made to much money but explained this extra money made was just for this month next month there is not as much. She said we would have to resubmit the documents and make another payment but she felt it would be acceptable and they would offer a 25% reduction. I told her I could not give her another payment until I knew for certain this was going through. All of a sudden the 25% reduction is not good enough for you she starts saying and will not listen to a word I say she than hangs up on me and I just received a letter stating the same thing and will need to make 3 payments to avoid foreclosure. This is unbelievable! Can anyone help? I want the tax money back that was given to them they are not helping anyone but filling there pockets with my TAX MONEY!

• T
      Jun 18, 2009

I am so sorry to hear what happened to you thats why I'm on here trying to make a difference and maybe help more people save there houses. These damn government programs aren't helping out anyone out but the lenders themselves. I recently did a loan Modification with the Al Verdi Law Group. They walked me through every step of the process from start to finish, I was very fortunate to find such a wonderful company to work with. If I may recommend any company to do your loan modification I would give them a call, they did my entire loan modification in exactly 47 days and anytime I had a question they were very responsive in getting right back to me. Its unfortunate there are so many bad company's out there, If anyone comes across any other bad companies please post because no one deserves to get there house taken from them. You can contact them at [protected] The gentlemen I worked with name was Cale Swanson.

Thanks again Al Verdi Law Group

• L
      Jun 20, 2009

I have had a horrible time with National City...who foreclosed on me into the middle of a workout package.
    Now I am hiring an attorney.. You need to immediatly go to state agency who specializes in helping you deal with banks...and save every document that you send and get from them.I do not know where you liove but I would get on it asap

• H
      Oct 05, 2009

We have been working with national City Mortgage Dayton Ohio for a loan modification since february 09, it took them 7 months to send us a letter telling we did not qualify. When our attorney who is also working on our modification process asked why they were told that the value of the house did not meet the loan to value crteria set in the Obama plan. Afterwards we tied again and they now say that the Obama plan is not a solution but a mere temporary fix. We were told that they would modify our loan by extending it 10 years and paying more than the origianl amount. We asked what was the value that they set according to the market in our area and we were told tha our home was worth 209k which is within .99% of the loan to value criteria. Why did we not get the modification? Beacuse National City Mortgage Company does not want to give up anything andthey want that upfront money they ask for as "good fatih" money. We have been told that o lawyer will get them to lower their interest rate or payment and that they did not know anything about loan modifications. How does this make me feel? Not very optimistic.

•   Nov 30, 2009

They are many companies that are legitimate and can help homeowners stop foreclosure and keep their homes.

Mortgage Assistance Group is one of those companies that holds an "A" rating with the BBB and has help over 500 homeowners keep their homes.

They give a discount to the homeowners who have been scammed and treat each client with respect and dignity.

You can reach them at [protected] and at www.mag-az.com.

Thanks and good luck,

Randy D.

P.S. If you know someowner they can help, They will pay a $100 referral!