National City Bank / overdraft charges

1 Oslo Rd.Vero Beach, FL, United States Review updated:

My bank was originally Harbour Federal, bought out by National City. For several years I had my payroll checks direct deposited with no problem. Until National city took over and started holding my payroll checks for up to 48 hours, without notice. I was under the impression that a payroll ck could not be held. Never the less, because I also had auto bill pay set up...I had over $1500. in overdraft charges. Plus, had to repay all the out standing bills, the bank never payed them. Now I have an unpaid balance due of $340. which has gone to collections...I refuse to give them another dime.

I have heard from some people that there is a Lawsuit against National City Bank for there bad Practices... Anyone heard anything?????????

Comments

• Ph
      12th of Feb, 2010

There are a large number of lawsuits against this bank, not just consumer suits, but commercial lending lawsuits as well. A recent appeals court lawsuit in Illinois upheld this bank's unethical practices - see Reger Development, LLC v. National City Bank. There are numerous other suits, some of which have made it to the courts and others still pending. Some attorneys for this bank appear to be very unethical, but very skillful at manipulating and controlling the court system to keep damaged businesses from ever getting their cases heard. In the last few years, the practices of this bank and its various legal teams appear to have destroyed good businesses, damaged smaller banks, put hundreds of people out of work and bankrupted others. Remember that loans for commercial construction projects do not just affect the one borrower, but flow down through many entities as a project is built, and provide jobs from a few to hundreds of people. Even this bank's own shareholders sued the bank during and after the sale of the bank to PNC, which was accomplished with taxpayer money through the TARP program. (See Cleveland Plain Dealer archive articles by Teresa Dixon Murray.) There have been some accusations that the bank's attorneys deliberately stopped funding on good projects and foreclosed in order to drive the value of the notes down so that the projects could be sold to insiders to harvest project profits with minimal investment.
    I am waiting to hear that some inside whistle blower is exposing this bank's mess.