mylife.com / spammer

1 Chicago, IL, United States Review updated:

What a scam! I thought I was being looked up by old highschool/college people and signed up to see who as they promise for FREE. Didn't show me a thing unless I wanted to pay and next thing I know my name has been attached to an email to all of my email contacts and sent out saying I wanted them to join. I never authorized this or imported my contacts. Classic case of phishing. Don't even OPEN an email from MyLife. They should be prosecuted for invasion of privacy and spamming!

Comments

5th of Aug, 2009

I am an attorney researching the business practices of WWW.REUNION.COM and WWW.MYLIFE.COM.
    I am interested in their practices as it relates to the SCRAPING OF EMAIL ADDRESS BOOKS.

Here's a few questions for all:

1) were you enticed to visit reunion.com after an email came to you, appearing like it was from a friend, inviting you to join reunion.com?

2) do you feel the terms of service and privacy policy noted on the site explained what exactly reunion.com was going to do to your email address book?

3) Were your email address contacts emailed an invitation to join reunion.com after receiving an invitation which claimed you sent them the invite?

4) was your email address book hijacked?

So as to support my interest and qualify my identity, I would refer you to a few of my recent cases I filed this past year, so that you can confirm that I do represent individuals in internet privacy matters. Google my recent cases:

lane v facebook,

valentine v nebuad

simon v adzilla

Once you locate these cases, review the atorneys noted, and then confirm I have the same email as the attorney noted on the lawsuit:

"Attorney Joseph H Malley
    malleylaw@gmail.com"

Anyone with information, please contact me in confidence at: malleylaw@gmail.com

thanks