MultiChoice Africa / DSTV / account overcharging

South Africa Review updated:

I have repeatedly gone through incorrect accounting entries with different consultants at DSTV in the last few weeks, with no understanding or willingness from their side to correct what is wrong, particularly on the holiday home account. Some have been corrected but not all. The entries include overlapping dates resulting in double charges & decoders being switched on & charged for that have not worked for years. This must border on fraud. I used to be on a debit order system to pay my account, but due to the overcharges on my account I cancelled the debit order & refuse to pay anymore until issues resolved. Due to non payment on my part, my service has now been suspended. I am now embarassed because i cannot give DSTV to guests i have in my guest house. Their service is less than good & their willingness to resolve issues is nil. I have been a client for 20 plus years & have had issues before that i have reported without resolution. This is now enough. It is easier to go without DSTV than to have this perpetual fight & having to check my account so have cancelled my account with them.

Ma
Nov 17, 2018

Comments

Dec 12, 2018

I am experiencing account problems.I have been overcharged for the past 7 months.
    I spent a 60 minutes on the phone last week to two consultants who both promised to get back to me the same day, which did not happen.
    I spoke to a third consultant yesterday and she promised to get back to me.This as yet has not happened, but I am waiting.
    She did mention that she had never experienced such an account ever.Needless to say I will happily cancel my DSTV account as their service is worse than Vodacom.
    John Earl