MTN / rejectiing return of goods within cooling off period
I took out a Samsung Galaxy tablet 7 inch as and upgrade at Mtn Thibault Square .
Comparing the actual Price and item against the competitors. Cell C offer was more lucrative as it offers the 10 inch for the same price that Mtn offers for the 7 inch.
I cancelled within in 24 hours and it was rejected by Altus Archer.
His Area manager said that they are not able to cancel my contract which I personally feel that they are contradicting themselves in terms of the Consumer Protection Act.
I feel that in terms of future contracts I will not make MTN my first choice for taking out contracts as the service that they offer are not a distinct service offering where they attempt to meet the customers needs and expectations.
I would advise all consumers to familiarise themselves with the Consumer Protection Act to be aware of the stunts that MTN pulls.
They say they are everywhere you go, but they are nowhere near when it comes to satisfying the actual needs of the consumers.
Thalia Smith :-(
More MTN Complaints & Reviews
- MTN Nigeria - puk number request 
- MTN / Recharge Card - over-scratched #400 mtn recharge card 
- MTN - pathetic service! 
- MTN - welcome back 
- MTN Nigeria - mtn share and sell 
- Mobile Telephone Networks [MTN] South Africa - early termination fee paid off within stated time frame
- MTN Recharge Card - unable to recharge
- MTN South Africa - customer service and scams 
- MTN - retention's department delaying cancellation of contract.
- MTN - nsfwmob