Mr. Tire / Vehicle

Jul 31, 2015
I went into Mr. Tire in Winchester on Monday, July 27th, to get my Va state inspection. The tech at the counter said it would be about an hour, which is what I expected, since it is the last week in July.
After 2 hours, the tech came in and sat down with me and stated that I failed inspection, due to front brakes. He also stated that there were other issues that would total to more than $1300.00. What was suspicious to me was that the things he mentioned, were not the things to be inspected/on the inspection list. So, I told him to slap a rejection sticker on my car and I would be on my way. I got a copy of the list of things he told me were wrong with my car.

I took my car and copy of the list to a good friend of mine who is a mechanic. When he pulled the front tires off to inspect and replace the brakes, he stated that it should not have failed. They were well within legal limits. He also checked the other things on my list and nothing was wrong with them.

I went ahead and had him put on new brakes and rotors on the front anyway, since he had ordered them. He then finished my inspection. Total was $252.00.

I think that this company is fleecing people and probably getting away with a lot of it. Even though I am a woman, I do know a few things about cars.

Mr. Tire Logo Mr. Tire