Motherhood Maternity / Customer Service

1 Braintree, MD, United States Review updated:

I purchased a pair of maternity pants that were tagged for $16. The clerk rang in my purchase (they have the monitors that don't allow you to see each purchase that is being rung in) and right before I signed my credit card receipt I realized that I had been charged $20 for the pants. When I told her, she said that she would issue me a store credit for $4. I asked her why it couldn't be a cash or credit card refund since it was their mistake and she said that it was store policy. I asked her what I could possibly buy in the store for $4 and she said, you could put it on a gift card and give it to someone else!! Finally, I asked to speak to the manager (who was standing right next to her, listening to the whole conversation and never offered to help) and she voided the purchase. I will never shop there again.

Comments

• Lo
      2nd of Jun, 2008

"It's our store policy" seems to be used far too frequently as a defense for these people. They can't just say that and get away with this crap. I have filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and I urge the rest of you to do the same. If nothing is done, they will just prey on the next unsuspecting pregnant hormonal woman that comes along.