Complaints & Reviews

Footsmart — Return process

I made an order and bought a pair of shoes from FootSmart website and the ones arrived were too small. I immediately contacted FootSmart customer care service and asked for an...

Footsmart — Slippers

I am a repeat customer of Footsmart. In early October 2015 I ordered a pair of slippers for my 91 year old mother. When they arrived, she tried them on, walked across her living...

FootsmartQuality was terrible and soles were lost

My wife bought one pair of shoes from Footsmart. We were on holidays and she took these shoes with her. But after 3 days she told me that the sole started to separate from the shoes. When we returned home these soles were lost already and we contacted the seller. We asked to change the shoes, but the seller refused and told that they were used and worn already. They sell horrible quality shoes.

Footsmart — Return Policy

HORRIBLE RETURN POLICY. Footsmart may appear to have good prices on some things. However, should the order be anything but perfect, don't expect any help from customer...

Footsmart — Defective Merchandise

I ordered a "Pedinova III Nail Care System" from FootSmart on January 16, 2014 for 119.99. I have tried to use it on my feet to remove dead skin. It will work for about a minute...

Foot Smart — overcharged

I received a pair of shoes I ordered today and I was charged postage, and the catalog I ordered from was supposed to be postage free for any item over $49. My shoes were $69.99. I...

Footsmart — Will not Exchange or refund my money

My father purchased a pair of orthopedic shoes size 12 with a large width on my birthday on May 18th for $164.69. The shoes came and did not fit correctly so I returned them...

FootsmartI feel like I was ripped off

I want to file a complaint against FOOTSMART, . Back in June I purchased a pair of shoes on the internet from FOOTSMART, they did not fit so I returned them. I did not receive a refund, so I called them and I was told that I would receive a credit of $61.08. Now this was never mentioned when I bought the shoes. I do not want a credit because I will never use this company again, I would like them to refund the money for the shoes I returned. I returned the shoes on June 22, 2012

Could you please help me, I do not want a credit from a company that I do not want to use again. I feel like I was ripped off.

• Th
    Thud Jul 04, 2012

There is nothing you can do. Returns are a privilege, not a right. You received a credit, just use that credit to buy shoes that do fit. You were not even slightly ripped off.

Footsmart.comThe site and company has really changed

The site and company has really changed. They have hired INcompetent people in customer service. If you call and ask if an item is in stock, they say "yes", take your money and then you get a email telling you the item is NOT IN STOCK and to choose something else. OR they send you the wrong item or wrong number or wrong description and GOOD LUCK in getting a refund quickly. I used to love this company, but no more. Then they have the nerve to send you a catalogue. I cannot recommend this company anymore.

Footsmart — retutn merchandise, never credited

I returned 2 pairs of Hush Pupps shoes more the 2 weeks ago, and never received a credit on my Visa Account, what is going on?, I have been a very good customer of yours, I...

Footsmart — Won't exchange defective slippers

38643 I purchased a pair of house slippers from FootSmart and within two weeks of wearing them in the house, I noticed that on one shoe the upper portion of the shoe was separating from...

FootSmart - Benchmark Brands Inc.Scam return policy! - No manufacturer's warranty for any item. Super expensive disposable items

I was just scammed by Footsmart. Do not buy anything form this site! I bought the Acu-Point Therapy Foot Massager (item 30893A in their online-store) for a total of $284.

Their whole business is just a scam!

There are lots of reports on-line from people confirming they also share their credit card info with other "companies" they partner with.

• Fo
    FootSmart Customer Support Mar 28, 2011

Hi Firerocket,

We're so sorry that you had trouble with your order. Please contact us to provide us with your contact information so that we can help you get this resolved ASAP.

FootSmart Customer Support

Footsmart ProductsUnsatisfying experience

I recently returned a pair of shoes to FootSmart, within the allowed 60 day time period for returns. I had tried the shoes on 3 times, wearing them for 5-10 minutes each time and only in the house. When I packed them up to return them to FootSmart, I made sure to include all of the original packing and product materials. The shoes were returned to me, having not met "one or more of our required FootSmart 60 Day Easy Returns and Exchanges policies." The line "Footwear products not in original unworn conditions" was checked. I called today to speak to Customer Service and was transferred to a supervisor (Dean), who assured me that the return was reviewed by more than one person. But he could not tell me what was wrong with the product I returned. The returned shoes were not scuffed, they were not dirty, they were not damaged ... and they were packed with all of the original materials. Yes, I did try them on. But I have no idea of what was determined to be wrong with the shoes I returned, nor could Dean provide this information. He could merely restate that more than one person had looked at the shoes to determine that they were not in the original unworn condition. This was a totally unsatisfying experience. I will never purchase anything from FootSmart again, and I will go out of my way to give them bad publicity and reviews.

• Fi
    firerocket Oct 11, 2010

I was just scammed by Footsmart. Do not buy anything form this site! I bought the AcuPoint Foot Massage appliance for a total of $284. The massager worked properly only 4 months! When I called Footsmart, they confirmed they were the manufacturers but unfortunately they did not offer a manufacturer's warranty! Only the 60 day return policy. So basically all the items they sell (including the most expensive equipment) are super expensive disposable items!

• Ya
    yarareta Feb 04, 2011

I recently ordered shoes from Footsmart that ended up being just a little too big. I exchanged them for a smaller size using their shipping label on the exchange. I would have been fine paying the shipping for a more suitable size, but Footsmart later informed me that they no longer had the smaller size in stock. They refused to reimburse my shipping fees. Had I known they didn't carry the smaller size I would have kept the shoes and tied them tighter! Now I'm out $9 and still need shoes. Don't shop with Footsmart, it's not worth the risk unless you know exactly what you want and have tried the shoes on in a store.

• Ar
    arcfjss May 25, 2011

I purchased a pair of house slippers from FootSmart and within two weeks of wearing them in the house, I noticed that on one shoe the upper portion of the shoe was separating from the sole. I contacted the company and requested a like-exchange for the defective slippers. I was told that since the shoes were worn, they could not be returned or exchanged. I explained that I wouldn't have known that the there was an insufficient amount of glue on the shoe if I hadn't worn it. The Customer Service Representative was entrenched and would not budge. I requested that a supervisor contact me and was told that one would within two business days. Two weeks passed and no one contacted me from FootSmart. I called again and was told that I could return the slippers, but if they were "Not in the original unworn condition" they would not be exchanged or accepted for a return. I returned the pair of slippers with a letter explaining the situation and a photo of the defective shoe. The slippers were returned to me because they were not in the original unworn condition. It would appear that FootSmart does not stand behind their products and will conveniently use any excuse not to exchange defective items.

I would strongly advise not purchasing anything from Footsmart!

• Di
    dianemitch Jul 03, 2011

I ordered a pair of slippers from Footsmart for the holidays on December 15. I called on December 23 to check on status and was told by a representative at FootSmart that I had just ordered (it even though it had been 6 business days since I ordered it) and it took time to come in per it was coming directly from the manufacturer. I called on December 29 to check on the status and was told by a rep that a manager would check into it and call me within 24hrs. I didn't get the call and about 48 hours later I received an e-mail stating that the order was cancelled per the product was out of stock. I immediately called FootSmart to verify this and the rep confirmed that the order was cancelled. I told him that I was very disappointed with how Footsmart handled this and he said he couldn't speak for the other reps who I talked to and I tried to explain why I was irritated with the situation and he would butt in and tell me that I wasn't giving him a chance to counter the situation, but actual he wasn't letting me explain how I felt (he was the one butting in). I finally said that I was wasting my time and told him I was going to write up a negative review to warn others NOT to purchase through this company, that any customer would be wasting their time amd money. This company did many things wrong:

1) They did not notify me immediately that the product was out of stock, it took me to call them numerous times before they checked into it.

2) The reps were NOT friendly, they only cared about the company, not the customer. One rep made a promise that was not kept (promising that the manager would call within 24 hours of my call to them, which I did not receive)

3) In the e-mail stating that my order was out of stock and the company offered me a 15% discount on a purchase of $50 or more, when my original purchase was only $36 --- that was an insult to me, why would I purchase anything from a company that has treated me so poorly and having to purchase over $50 at that.

4) The representative telling me that I was butting in while he was talking when actually he was not letting me finish my statement, someone needs to tell him that he needs to treat the customer better than saying "your butting in, not giving me a chance to counter"... that puts the customer on offense so he should be repremanded as well. Let the customer vent and then say I may have a solution to our situation but he did not, his wording was all wrong. Again customer service does not exist with this company.

Bottom line...
    DON'T PURCHASE ANY PRODUCTS THROUGH THIS COMPANY - FootSmart... THE CUSTOMER IS NOT IMPORTANT TO THEM AND THEY DON'T MEET THEIR COMMITMENTS/PURCHASE ORDERS!

• Ot
    ottomantreasure Jul 27, 2011

FootSmart does not update its web-store on a regular basis. You may spend a lot of time shopping on their web site and place an order.They will accept the order but two days later just send you a message that the shoes you have ordered are "permanently out of stock". So don't waste any time shopping on this web site.

Sasssy Apr 06, 2012

I ordered a pair of thong sandals size 10. My heel was a little over the back so I returned them for one size larger. I received the exchange pair of thong sandals. The box said size 11. When I opened the box the tissue paper was not wrapped around the sandals. The plastic brace that goes inside the sandal to hold the form was not inside the sandal but it was in the box. I tried them on. They fit the same as the first pair. There were no size markings on the shoes. I FELT AS IF THEY THOUGHT I WOULD BE STUPID AND NOT NOTICE IT WAS THE SAME SHOES. Of course I returned them right away. Now I'm waiting on my refund. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM FOOTSMART.COM AGAIN.

Footsmart — False warehouse claims

I ordered two pair of shoes for my mother, a cancer patient. One pair fit, the other didn't. Without ever wearing the shoes outside, she carefully wrapped the pair she wished...

FootsmartSlowest delivery system!

I purchased a small inexpensive item (heel cups) from footsmart and received it on April 30th. It was not the right size and had to return it on May 1st for an exchange. I had to pay $6.99 extra for the exchange service. I called footsmart to find out the status of my order. They said it is due to arrive at their warehouse on May 19th. This is unbelievable!

A small envelope can not be delivered in 18 days within the United states!

• Fi
    firerocket Oct 11, 2010

• Ju
    Judymeeks Nov 20, 2018

I will never buy shoes here again. The return process takes forever.