Motel 6 / failure to refund after seeing room and finding it unacceptable
On May 4th 2017 I booked a 2 night stay at Motel 6 in North Fort Myers Fl. 33903. Upon arrival I paid for 2 nights with a debit card. I looked at the room and immediately returned to the office and told them the room was unacceptable. I interacted with 2 employees, Rocky and Nancy. I gave the key back and Nancy said I could look at another room. I told her that my dog that I had with me was vomiting and I was taking her to an emergency vet and I would Check the room when I returned. 90 minutes later I returned and saw the second room it was as dirty and smelly as the first. I returned to the office and stated that I would not be staying there. The amount of 114.86 had already been deducted from my account. I requested a refund but was told by Rocky that I needed to cancel through booking.com. I did that right then but was still refused a refund. I have spoken to the corporate office but was told that particular motel was a franchise with a private owner. I have been trying for 3 days to get this resolved or the contact info for the owner to no avail.Guess I will have to file in small claims court to stop this scam.Also reporting to every consumer reporting agency including BBB.
More Motel 6 Complaints & Reviews
- Accor / Motel 6 - do not rent list 
- Motel 6 - refused to rent - no reason given 
- Motel 6 - payroll & tax fraud
- Motel 6 - dirty and disgusting rooms! 
- Accor Hotels / Motel 6 - disrespect innocent travelers 
- Motel 6 - sanitary conditions and overall customer service from upper management
- Motel 6 - motel rooms 
- Motel 6 - manager unprofessional and rude behavior
- Motel 6 - refund for not just one day but two days
- Motel 6 - bad service and dirty/broken room.