Morgan Propertiesunfair treatment of handicapped/disabled people

Vl King of Prussia, PA Review updated:

I have lived at Duncan Hill Apartments in Westfield, NJ for over 15 years, and have paid over $250, 000.00 in rent. I have recently been diagnosed with an illness that does not allow me to climb the stairs to my second-floor apartment. When I advised Management of my health issues, and that it was imperative that I move, (I also lost my job due to my illness) they have decided to fine me $3, 088.00 just to leave. My apartment has always been kept clean, I have always paid my rent on time.See the Top 10 Worst Complaints in King of Prussia, PA The apartment has not been painted or renovated in over 20 years, as I moved in on the same day the previous tenants moved out. I have called Management and left 2 messages, neither of which has been returned. This corporation is cold blooded and apparently does not care about its tenants- only their money. I have nothing left after the onset of my illness, and no one will even talk to me. $250, 000.00 is a lot of money to have paid (I am a single mom of 2) over the years, and the disrespect I am being shown is a perfect example of the treatment any future tenants will receive if they move here. I hope this posting will result in at the very least, a return call.

Comments

• Kb
      Jan 30, 2012

Vls59-I understand your complaint and have heard that you are speaking with our Area Vice President to work through your issue. He is a very understanding man and will work with you to do what is best for all.

• Vl
      Jan 30, 2012

I spoke to the are Vice-President today, who admitted that he has discretion to make decisions regarding situations like mine, and he refused. He did not care (though he pretended to) about the catastrophic life events in my recent history, or the fact that I just gave him my last dollar to make the February rent. Morgan Properties is a corporation that does not care about people. Each person's story is different. I am not trying to move out because I want to, I have to move out because I can no longer climb the stairs. I lost my job due to my disability, and I have nothing left. Mr. DeVos just talked around and around in boilerplate legalese, but I am a legal secretary and know when I am being BS'd. He doesn't care and will not accept a compromise. I offered my security deposit and that was not enough. Corporate greed at its worst. I will have to borrow money from family members that are already helping me to pay this outrageous fine. Something should be done to protect people from this type of rip-off. DO NOT MOVE INTO DUNCAN HILL APARTMENTS OR ANY COMPLEXES OWNED BY MORGAN PROPERTIES!!!

• Kb
      Feb 02, 2012

I spoke to the area VP today and he said that you both worked through the problems you were having and came to an agreement. I am glad that you were able to work together to come to a conclusion.

Kim